'Tactics Ogre: Reborn' announced for Switch, PS4, PS5 and PC

tactics orgre.JPG

Square Enix has today officially announced Tactics Ogre: Reborn, which first launched as Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together in 1995 on the SNES. Reborn will be an enhanced version of the 2010 remake for the PSP, featuring new visuals, sound, game design and more.

The game is set on the Valerian Isles, jewels of the Obero Sea. Long a center of naval commerce, the people of the isles struggled throughout history for dominion over her shores.

Finally there rose a man to put an end to this conflict: Dorgalua Oberyth - but history would know him as the "Dynast-King". King Dorgalua strove to stamp out the hatred among the people of the isles, and for half a century, Valeria knew prosperity.

Yet upon the king's death, civil war erupted once more, as three factions vied for control: the Bakram, who comprised much of Valeria's nobility; the Galgastani, whose people made up the majority of the isles' population; and the Walister, who numbered but few.

The isles were soon divided between the Bakram and Galgastani, and an uneasy peace settled across the land. Yet none believe the calm will last...

What follows is an epic tale of war, as many memorable characters get swept up into an escalating conflict.

New features of Tactics Ogre: Reborn include:
  • High-Definition Characters and Backgrounds:
  • Fully Updated User Interface
  • Sound improvements: fully voiced dialogues in English or Japanese, improved sound effects and rerecorded soundtrack
  • Redesigned battle system: new Unit-by-Unit Level System, Battle AI overhaul, Playability improvements (quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls)

Tactics Ogre: Reborn will launch this November 11th as a physical and digital Standard Edition on PS5, PS4 and Nintendo Switch, with a digital-only Standard Edition available on PC (Steam). More details about the improvements of the game can be found in the source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why developers insist on having these ugly smoothing filters on these remasters. It looks terrible.
I'm sure some people prefer them, but I agree. They should just give is the option to turn it off if they insist on including them.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So is this before or after final fantasy tactics? Just curious to know who copying who. :ninja:
this was before lol and then some developers left the company and joined square to make ff tactics, so yeah ff tactics is the copycat kinda off, made by some of the same devs on a different company

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, hopefully it it sells well, we'll get a remake of the SNES Ogre Battle game, similar to ActRaiser remake. I enjoyed the ActRaiser remake on Switch quite a bit.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is the same as that one Metroidvania Touhou "Scarlet Symphony", I think.
"Oh, seems like a cool game, but that filter makes N64 games on a broken composite cable look really good in comparison."

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: