Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis (hack request)

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Rugapand, Mar 19, 2009.

Mar 19, 2009
  1. Rugapand
    OP

Newcomer Rugapand Advanced Member

Sweden
    I would like it if someone made a hack of Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis that would enable classes like the Dark Angel or Duke Knight...
    The hack must enable all emblems on said classes(and everyother class!) so the game doesn't crash when they gain Emblem X.

OPTIONALLY I would like it if the hacker could make the classes obtainable without cheats.

If this hack is impossible to make, say so!

I'm posting here 'cause the GBA forum is kinda dead and I'm going to play the hack on my DS.

(using CycloDS + EZ-flash 3-1, just so you don't flame me)

2. aerowalk

Member aerowalk GBAtemp Regular

Australia
  3. Rugapand
    OP

Sweden
    Yes but then if my...Duke Knight gets a certain Emblem that he isn't able to get the game freezes.
    That is what I want hacked, to enable all emblems for all classes.

4. Rugapand
    OP

Sweden
    sooo...does anyone know if this hack is possible to make?

5. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Give him the emblems that cause a crash. The game might be able work it out--there may have been no code to show these have been acquired, but there may not be code that says these classes have entirely different sets of flags from the rest. That, or look up how the classes are decided as to what emblems they're limited to. If it's something as simple as XX ID for being able to use all emblems, change the class to use that flag. Or, if it's just a pointer directing towards what emblems are able to be learned, just make it point to the same thing as other classes.

Your best bet would be to get a look at the code.

6. Rugapand
    OP

Sweden
    If I had any knowledge of how the codes work or if I had any hacking "skillz" I would do it myself...but I don't so that's why I'm here asking for help.

If anyone can do the things Celice said, that would be very much appreciated!

7. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway