Tablets Already Surpassed Wii U in Power

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Why can't we have both? Simple. Developers want to save money, they cut corners and focus on getting games out as fast as possible, rarely do I see a game with hyper-realistic graphics and good gameplay.

FPS games.
Considered "good" cuz they don't need gameplay.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FPS games.

50TXp.gif

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FPS games.

There are many FPS's with good gameplay: Half-Life, Quake, Deus Ex, Counter-Strike, BioShock, Metroid Prime, Halo, Team Fortress, Natural Selection, etc.

Not all FPS's are like CoD and Battlefield. Your statement is very ignorant.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are many FPS's with good gameplay: Half-Life, Quake, Deus Ex, Counter-Strike, BioShock, Metroid Prime, Halo, Team Fortress, Natural Selection, etc.

To say whether "gameplay" is good or not, people have to start understanding what "gameplay" means.

"Gameplay" is a set of underlying mechanics governing how the player interacts with the game world (manipulation rules), what is the objective of the game (goal rules), and the rules governing the forementioned two (metarules). Generally speaking, "gameplay" is a term describing the overall experience of playing a game excluding graphics and sound.

Both "Call of Duty" and "Battlefield" have very neatly laid out mechanics, the objectives of the games are very clear and the whole meta of the games is straight-forward. For all intents and purposes, the gameplay of "Call of Duty" and "Battlefield" is perfectly fine - in fact, they're shining examples of good gameplay in their respective category of video games. Both titles do exactly what they're designed to do and by doing so, they appease their target audiences just like any other good game does.

Gamers tend to confuse "gameplay" with "taste" for whatever reason - the fact that you don't enjoy something doesn't mean that it's poorly structured or badly designed, it just means that you don't fancy it. To be frank, I'm sick and tired of hearing that "Call of Duty" or "Battlefield" are bad FPS'es - they're not. They're simply in completely different categories than "Half-Life" or "Metroid Prime" which are supposed to be adventures immersed into a shooter, "Quake" which is supposed to be a straight-forward "shoot everything" kind of game with very little context or "BioShock" or "Deus Ex" which are supposed to be story-driven role-playing experiences in an FPS environment. I'm not sure if any of the vocal "Call of Duty" and "Battlefield" critics have ever contemplated the thought that "Battlefield" and "Call of Duty" are not like "Half-Life" in terms of execution because they're not supposed to rather than because they're (supposedly) poorly constructed.

Even "Call of Duty" and "Battlefield" belong to different sub-genres altogether - "Call of Duty" focuses on the competitive aspects of combat, it's designed to be fast-paced and it does that very well. "Battlefield" on the other hand focuses on the combat simulation aspect, its matches are long-winded and require far more team co-operation than in "Call of Duty". These approaches are very different and so are the resulting games, so putting them in one basket alone is already a massive generalization.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because it's a known fact that CoD and Battlefield have BAD GAMEPLAY.

Also Bioshock does not have good gameplay.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan

As a Metroid fan and non-lover of FPS games, i must say that Metroid is NOT a FPS game! -_- it's FPA game (First Person Adventure) that just happened to have shooting elements in it, and story is WERY good, and game-play also. :)

Any_objections,_Lady.png

See you next mission! :grog:

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is with GBAtemp and the FPS hate!?
FPS suck, didn't you know? And if you play them you must be 12 year old.

The real hot shit is JRPGs and huh... what's played on GBAtemp these days? Well, Pokémon I guess, which is still a JRPG.

FPS means FAIL PENIS SHIT. The more you know! :yaypsp:

There you have it. JRPG master race.

[/sarcasm]

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FPS means FAIL PENIS SHIT. The more you know! :yaypsp:

There you have it. JRPG master race.

[/sarcasm]
JRPG mens JUVENILE RETARDED PENIS GOBBLING. The more you know! :yayps3:

[/goes along with the joke]
Best thing you'll ever say :)

There are better things he could (jokingly) say, things like "if not for Nintendo, the game industry would fall apart" or "Pokemon has an engaging, wholesome storyline". :rolleyes:

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with tablets is when you buy one it's already obsolete, due to a better one coming out tomorrow. I don't play that game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well back in my day, you couldn't play video games or watch movies on a tricycle. All mine did was move slowly if I peddled hard enough. Maybe my parents were just cheap though. ;)
Here's the thing JoostinOnline...

You can ride a tricycle and have fun. Can you have fun on a Wii U? AHA! You can't, because it has no games! Checkmate, Wii U lovers! :yaytricycle:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.