Systemchange DSL/R4 to DSi/Acekard2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by klopfdreh, Apr 7, 2009.

Apr 7, 2009
  1. klopfdreh
    OP

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hello!

I finally decided to buy Acekard2i and everytime a new nintendo firmware is release wait and look in here and see if it is compatible to Acekard2i. I got the idea to put all my music files onto the sdhc in the side of the dsi and films onto the sdhc in the Acekard2i that gives me a lot of space.

I decided to create this topic, because I want to know some things about R4 and Acekard2i.

1. The savefiles of r4 are ending with *.sav and the page where I can convert savefiles shows, r4 and Acekard2 in one line. So am I right, that the savefiles are compatible and no conversation is required?

2. I played some games on scummvm - the Acekard2i is auto-dldi-patching nds files. Isn't it required to patch anthing and to run scummvm without any troubles - is it?

3. I used KioskDS to startup some homebrews like dsftp and so on. Does this work as well on Acekard2i?

4. DPG Films will be able to be shown because moonshell works as well in Acekard2i?

5. I don't think the nintendo system will be able to do autoupdates without any notification - is that right?

Thank you for your time to answer the questions and for any help!

P.S.: That are a lot of questions and I'm very sorry if one of those are already answered in another thread. If so - only post the link and the questionnumber.

2. porchemasi

Member porchemasi GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I know the answer to
    5. No, auto updates can not be done! They require user agreement for legal and safety reasons.

3. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Newbie

I know the answer to your .sav question, yes it's the same file no conversion needed.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    2. no, akaio firmware auto patches dldi. scummvm runs great, i use it everyday.

3. i haven't found a homebrew that doesn't work, but i also never used this one. it should work just fine.

4. moonshell is universal and works on all dldi cards.

P.S.: give the akaio wiki a read, it contains alot of info on what you can do with your acekard as well as some frequently asked questions.

-another world

5. klopfdreh
    OP

Germany
    Greeaattt!!! :-D I'm going to order my card tomorrow - I already asked the store where I'll buy it, if they can give me a hint when they bought it, because I don't want to buy a card that is broken, like the earliest versions.

And VERY VERY VERY BIG THANKS to everyone here.

6. klopfdreh
    OP

Germany
    I have another question and I thought that it would be good to post it in here to prevent another topic from beeing opened! ;-)

I'm using DS Kiosk Homebrew to launch homebrew software - is this working as well on the acekard 2i? I used it on r4, before.