Gaming System update with Zelda questions

lenox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Is it confirmed there is a system update in Zelda BotW? If not, when's the soonest we can know?
2. Has anyone out there been able to play Zelda yet? Considering it seems like the necessary files have already been leaked?
3. How soon did it take previous system updates to have spoofs available?

4. How likely is it that BotW on launch will be able to run on a lower system firmware (even if its the retail disc)?

Basically I REALLY want to play Zelda and I'm going to buy it at launch, but I'm rolling the dice whether it will make my WiiU permanently unmoddable or not.

lenox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tik was released, so anyone with CFW can play Zelda now.

I thought just the European version was released of that. Or is there just one tik for everything? Sorry, I'm extremely new to this.

Also, does me having the retail version of the game make this process easier, or is that tik file the main component needed regardless if it's a legit copy or loaded from something?

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not a system update (despite saying that in the notification you get when launching the game) it's a simple patch for the game. And yes, if you have the game + tik as well as the patch you can play it. Many people are doing so.

Reactions: naddel81

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought just the European version was released of that. Or is there just one tik for everything? Sorry, I'm extremely new to this.

Also, does me having the retail version of the game make this process easier, or is that tik file the main component needed regardless if it's a legit copy or loaded from something?
The tik is for the European version, but there's nothing stopping you from playing it.

lenox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a system update (despite saying that in the notification you get when launching the game) it's a simple patch for the game. And yes, if you have the game + tik as well as the patch you can play it. Many people are doing so.

Whoa, wait a sec. So, I could be playing BotW right now????? And other people are playing atm too??

Also, does this mean that if I have the retail version, I wouldn't even need any other files to play?

So here's what I'm thinking. I either need:

1) the ripped game (that would have the game patch update already within it), the tik file, a way to load it
or
2) the retail game

to play BotW on my 5.5 console. Is that correct?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is the game, tik, and update, yeah. If you're using Haxchi/CBHC or Mocha CFW, you can be playing right now.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Is it confirmed there is a system update in Zelda BotW? If not, when's the soonest we can know?
2. Has anyone out there been able to play Zelda yet? Considering it seems like the necessary files have already been leaked?
3. How soon did it take previous system updates to have spoofs available?

4. How likely is it that BotW on launch will be able to run on a lower system firmware (even if its the retail disc)?

Basically I REALLY want to play Zelda and I'm going to buy it at launch, but I'm rolling the dice whether it will make my WiiU permanently unmoddable or not.
1. It didn´t prompt an update for me (EUR 5.5.1)
2. Yes, it works fine.
3. I don´t know.
4. I don´t know.

lenox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me ask. It's probably dumb but oh well. I always need to be in cfw to play because it's out of region right?

eyeball226

Trophies
XP
Country
Final questions. If I play off of CFW, and want to be able to play Mario Maker online with a legit copy, is that still possible? Or do I have to spoof being able to play online?

Just play Mario Maker from a clean boot, only run the CFW when you need to. Launching Mocha doesn't install anything to the best of my knowledge.

lenox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that I'm in a little deeper into this, some more questions:

1) What do I do with a title file?
2) The game seems to be in just one folder, no subfolders. A lot of .app and .h3 files. Can I just put this in the "games" folder in my SD Card? Or is there a preloading thing I need to do?

Last edited by lenox,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final questions. If I play off of CFW, and want to be able to play Mario Maker online with a legit copy, is that still possible? Or do I have to spoof being able to play online?
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to play online with Mario Maker, legit or otherwise.

Let me ask. It's probably dumb but oh well. I always need to be in cfw to play because it's out of region right?
That is correct.

So now that I'm in a little deeper into this, some more questions:

1) What do I do with a title file?
2) The game seems to be in just one folder, no subfolders. A lot of .app and .h3 files. Can I just put this in the "games" folder in my SD Card? Or is there a preloading thing I need to do?
The tik goes into the game folder titled "title.tik"

The folder of game files goes into the "install" folder for installation.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game doesn't work through loadiine at all (unpatched or updated), works fine through USB, requires update installed on USB, and update is fake signed so requires haxchifw or sig patched sysnand to play.

poptartth2nd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M
Game doesn't work through loadiine at all (unpatched or updated), works fine through USB, requires update installed on USB, and update is fake signed so requires haxchifw or sig patched sysnand to play.
Mocha would work too right? I believe it disables sig pathces

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/4-5-million-times-faster-internet-aston-university-...