Hacking system update interrupted on hacked switch, now it wont boot.

Nicotine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so, a friend of mine was using my switch (mistake 1). when he went to start a game it asked to update, he said yes - it looks like it started a fw update..... immediately powered off. looks like a partial update was started when power got pulled (long power press).

now atmosphere crashes on start, says 9.0.1

it was on 8.1

what can i do? it didnt get far into the install at all.... help plz :(

Nicotine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why did you power it of through, better burned fuses then a potential fully bricked switch?

they paniced when i was like wtf?.....

it boots to the menu, but then i get an atmosphere crash just after it says hit any button 3 times. if i hit A 3x fast it will get to the main menu of the switch, then bomb.

Nicotine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
got it....popped in an old sd, updated atmosphere, used coijour (spelling?), allowed me to go back to 8.1...works again! :D

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
correction!

it will boot with my jig/rcm payload....but not without! wont power on..... works when in rcm/cfw tho!

Fuses are burnt the first boot after a update. not during the update. So you just burnt fuses.
Booting by payload bypasses that check so that is why you can still boot that way but not officially.

Nicotine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So. I should just update to 9.0.1 if needed then? I never boot this switch into ofw anyway. It’s a spare switch. I have another that’s stock

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I should just update to 9.0.1? Does everything work currently for atmosphere?

I never really boot to ofw. I have an unmodded switch for that too.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So. I should just update to 9.0.1 if needed then? I never boot this switch into ofw anyway. It’s a spare switch. I have another that’s stock

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I should just update to 9.0.1? Does everything work currently for atmosphere?

I never really boot to ofw. I have an unmodded switch for that too.

You might as well just update, I can't think of anything you have to lose at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)