Hacking System Update Affecting Gateway Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermodr94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with news of 9.3 looming I am just curious what happens if for some reason when nintendo attempts to fix Ninjhax and ends up causing the gateway to not work on 9.3 Does anyone think this will affect the release date of the new Gateway firmware. Personally I think that if the Gateway exploit is not patched on 9.3 they will release much later than if it gets patched. If their exploit is patched I would expect them to try to release almost immediately.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Why do you think that, you don't have any idea and you're worried about a patch that doesn't exist yet? GW seemed to have had it known for a while possibly, it looks like they have things planned out... the entry point will probably be patched immediately and the kernel exploit was sometimes later, considering GW try and hide it so much.

9.3 will probably come first; i'm guessing some extra checks on certain old savegames, and a fix for whatever smea is exploiting to get further access. And probably a method to check for sky3ds. They might fix the GW issue before its even out (thats what happened originally with 5.0) but they seem to have added a lot to 3DS lately, there's a lot of extra firmware to go over and check.. every new feature they add is something they need to secure. After all this effort on updates it must suck to have this particular one now after the New3DS release.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully my import comes before 9.3 release so i can transfer my system and update to 9.2

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope gateway waits till the new 3ds hits the US shores. Would make the most sense from a sales stand pt

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to keep mine on 4.5 :D But yeah, for anybody with 9.0-9.2, for the love of God, stay there until more is known!!

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope gateway waits till the new 3ds hits the US shores. Would make the most sense from a sales stand pt

absolutely not, those with a 3DS (XL) beyond 4.5 have been hoping for a card forever.
Like me, i HAD a 4.5 3DS unit, but back then there was no sign of a working flashcard, then Mario/Luigi Dream Team Bros came out that forced new FW in order to play.. i still resent myself for not beiing able to wait. And now finally current FW support is (nearly) ready for release

the market of regular 3DS units is way bigger then any potential N3DS market.
Only a very small amount of people that have a regular 3DS see any reason to upgrade to the N3DS. there are no games (cept c stick / amiibo in smash) that make use of N3DS functions.
Get gateway now worry about potential new FW on N3DS later. and if you really cant wait just import them from JPN/AUS

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
absolutely not, those with a 3DS (XL) beyond 4.5 have been hoping for a card forever.
Like me, i HAD a 4.5 3DS unit, but back then there was no sign of a working flashcard, then Mario/Luigi Dream Team Bros came out that forced new FW in order to play.. i still resent myself for not beiing able to wait. And now finally current FW support is (nearly) ready for release

the market of regular 3DS units is way bigger then any potential N3DS market.
Only a very small amount of people that have a regular 3DS see any reason to upgrade to the N3DS. there are no games (cept c stick / amiibo in smash) that make use of N3DS functions.
Get gateway now worry about potential new FW on N3DS later. and if you really cant wait just import them from JPN/AUS

You do realize Japan has already stopped producing XLs and is now only making New 3DS LLs. Alot of people including myself will be exchanging their old 3ds for the new ones or are holding off on even buying a 3ds now as to not buy last generation hardware when the new one is months away. From a Gateway sales stand pt it would be stupid to release now and potentially ruin all chance of it working on the US model by jumping the gun. Course this is the opinion coming from a 4.5 owner

D

Deleted-355425

You do realize Japan has already stopped producing XLs and is now only making New 3DS LLs. Alot of people including myself will be exchanging their old 3ds for the new ones or are holding off on even buying a 3ds now as to not buy last generation hardware when the new one is months away. From a Gateway sales stand pt it would be stupid to release now and potentially ruin all chance of it working on the US model by jumping the gun. Course this is the opinion coming from a 4.5 owner
yes but what hes saying is, how many 3ds's are out in the wild that are on firmware 4.6 > 9.2...... ALOT and that means alot of sold gateway cards. ££££$$$£

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...