System Transfers, Ambassador 3DS and N3DS, and updating FW

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by calebsw, Aug 20, 2015.

1. calebsw
    OP

calebsw GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    United States
    Ok, so let's start at the beginning. I have a N3DS and there is my NNID on it. I have nothing of value associated with the NNID, except for some save games.

I have a chance to get an unlinked ambassador 3ds for pretty cheap. Will I be able to system transfer those ambassador games to my current N3DS and my current NNID?

I see that you can't system transfer to a system with an NNID, so I would have to format my N3DS before doing the system transfer. But after the system transfer, could I log in to my NNID again and have that content added to my account? Or would I be able to recover my NNID to the ambassador 3ds (probably with nintendo customer's support), and then do a straight up system transfer to the N3DS? Or should I just delete my NNID altogether, create a new one on the ambassador, and then just do a system transfer?

Finally, is it necessary to update the FW in order to do a system transfer? Because I'd like to avoid putting both of these on the latest FW if possible.

Edit: So the last question seems like a "no." I think I do need to have the latest firmware on both units in order to do this. So that brings me to my next question: Is this possible to do with the latest firmware on emuNAND?

Edit2: Looks like the only way to achieve this is to hardmod my 3ds and do a backup of the nand, upgrade the fw, do a system transfer, then restore the old nand... It seems like a pretty complicated challenge, maybe I'll just pass on the ambassador 3ds stuff.

Last edited by calebsw, Aug 20, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice