System Transferring to new 3ds with pre-installed game, will it be gone?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by wurstpistole, Oct 9, 2016.

1. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi, friend of mine wants to buy a new device which has a game pre-installed. What happens to the game if he does a system transfer from his old 3ds, will it be gone? Can he download it again from the store? Thanks

2. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    The data should merge, assuming this new device has no NNID attached.

I haven't done it on a pre-installed game 3DS system, but I've done something similar. Used a spare old3DS with Fieldrunners with no NNID attached to it, and transferred that over to an n3DS. The n3DS did have some pre-bought games already on it, but no NNID attached, and the data ended up just merging.

Pretty sure if the old system has an NNID, the data will still merge, but now the pre-installed game will become tied to the NNID, which in turn is tied to the system.

3. Zeldalife89

Zeldalife89 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    how do eshop work exactly? lets say i buy a game download it to my sd what happens if i delete the game can i go to the eshop and redownload it? kinda like ps4 network where u xan download en delete anytime u want on the game you bought or will it be gone forever and u would have to buy it again ? if so then im not gonna even bother with eshop then cartridges stay forever

4. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Without an NNID, the game gets tied to the 3DS Console itself. You can delete and re-download it at anytime you want.

With an NNID, the game gets tied to the NNID (which in turn can only be tied to one 3DS at a time) - Can delete and re-download it at anytime you want.

This is all assuming actual purchases from eShop.

5. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    He contacted Nintendo, and they un-tied his NNID from his N3DS and when he registers on the 2DS, he will be able to download everything he had.
    Saves are lost though, but he doesnt care.