Homebrew System Transfer woes

Zaulism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read a guide or anything before attempting a system transfer, which was a mistake. What I did:

• Backup SD card
  • Put SD card in new 3ds, perform a system transfer (3ds system options, wireless transfer, whoops.)
  • Setup the new 3ds some
  • Hack the 3ds, installing Godmode9, Luma, boot9strap, checkpoint, FBI, rosalina... the standard stuff from the guide
  • Couldn't find titles, googled a bit and discovered faketik.3ds. I put it in my 3ds folder, and ran it from homebrew. My titles such as Ultra Sun, X, Alpha Sapphire, a couple rom hacks, appear (ultra sun, X, alpha sapphire are legitimate, installed directly from a game cart.
  • Everything works ... except:
Checkpoint isn't seeing these titles anymore. What is the course of action I should take? Do I need to uninstall the games and reinstall from game carts/cias or is there a easy solution that I can do (something like writing the titles to system memory??) I found a guide for this after the fact that do this, so of course, those don't help in my current situation. I do have a backup of the SD card...

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't read a guide or anything before attempting a system transfer, which was a mistake. What I did:

• Backup SD card
  • Put SD card in new 3ds, perform a system transfer (3ds system options, wireless transfer, whoops.)
  • Setup the new 3ds some
  • Hack the 3ds, installing Godmode9, Luma, boot9strap, checkpoint, FBI, rosalina... the standard stuff from the guide
  • Couldn't find titles, googled a bit and discovered faketik.3ds. I put it in my 3ds folder, and ran it from homebrew. My titles such as Ultra Sun, X, Alpha Sapphire, a couple rom hacks, appear (ultra sun, X, alpha sapphire are legitimate, installed directly from a game cart.
  • Everything works ... except:
Checkpoint isn't seeing these titles anymore. What is the course of action I should take? Do I need to uninstall the games and reinstall from game carts/cias or is there a easy solution that I can do (something like writing the titles to system memory??) I found a guide for this after the fact that do this, so of course, those don't help in my current situation. I do have a backup of the SD card...
You could look at refreshing the checkpoint game list first to see if that brings up the games you're missing

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Zaulism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that option is not listed in the 'Hold SELECT to see commands.'

I seen from another post from you, just now "press and hold B while in checkpoint to reload and refresh the games list. Aswell, the codes may or may not work, depending on a few things. if it dont, then you may want to look elsewhere to get codes."

That did the trick. Thank you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Dark_Phoras @ Dark_Phoras: One Big Mac is already damage, but worse are the fries and the soda and the sauce