Hardware System Transfer to New 3DS without updating firmware?

ewzzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ewzzy.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3DS XL running 9.2 for Ninjhax. I intend to buy a New 3DS XL when they come out next month. Can I transfer my NNID to the new system without updating the firmware and losing my ability to run homebrew on the old 3DS?

I'd really like to keep my old 3DS around for fun hacks while using my New 3DS as Nintendo would prefer. ;)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i'm in the same dilemma with my 3ds xl, want to get the majoras mask new 3ds xl but i want to transfer my data over, i can't do that without updating, the homebrew scene is in full swing right about now they should at least something that lets us transfer data between 3ds xl without internet :(

i might consider updating and sell the old 3ds xl, i'm sure something else will come along at a later date, besides the dstwo+ doesn't work on v9 firmwares anyway.

Warel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same question here. I have a 3DS XL 9.2, but i´m going to get a New 3DS. Maybe I just leave the old in 9.2 to have a little more selling vallue? Do you guys think a 9.2 will be able to cost much more than a last version one?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Until Gateway releases support for the New3DS, you won't be able to do a system transfer as it requires you to update the firmware before it will let you. Typically this is avoided by doing it in emunand instead.

But of coarse an exploit for this system has to be released first. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality