Hacking System transfer safe? from normal 3dsxl -> AL9H 3ds xl?

Jimmy6166

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've got a working AL9H + Luma New 3DS XL, but would like to transfer my old unhacked New 3DS XL across to my hacked system. (I have Monster hunter generations installed from Eshop and save file associated with it)

I was about to transfer, but a warning popped up, saying that the system memory will be reformatted !

Would that mean I would lose the AL9H hack? Or would that mean I would just lose CIA files that weren't purchased through the store?

Wanting to do the system swap, but don't want to lose the AL9H!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
James

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
You'll lose everything that is on the old system.
Also, a9lh is ran before the system even boots up, so formatting won't get rid of it.

You should try to get homebrew at least on the old system, copy the save file and extra data, then install MHG on the new system and import it. Way less loss.

Jimmy6166

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good idea. Thanks for the tip.

I wouldn't mind losing things on the old system as I just want my NNID over to the hacked system.

I don't think I can install homebrew in my new system, as it's on the latest firmware. I'm still a N00B. Is it possible to do so?

The other thing would be just to export the save file somehow from my old unhacked system and use homebrew app in the new hacked system to transfer MH generations save file.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's possible. In fact, browserhax has been revived on 11.0, so it's also free! You can download a tool called SVDT and export the data that way. For the hacked system, I recommend that you first use SVDT to import it the save, then delete it and install JKSV as a .cia.

Last edited by Halvorsen,
Reactions: Hoppy

Jimmy6166

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's possible. In fact, browserhax has been revived on 11.0, so it's also free! You can download a tool called SVDT and export the data that way. For the hacked system, I recommend that you first use SVDT to import it the save, then delete it and install JKSV as a .cia.
I tried to install the browserhax using the internet browser from the non-hacked 3DS (YLS8 website), but the screen just goes to weird colours and asks to be rebooted. Am I doing the right thing?

My Bad. I'll look up a few websites to see if I'm doing it properly. cheers James

Last edited by Jimmy6166,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install the browserhax using the internet browser from the non-hacked 3DS (YLS8 website), but the screen just goes to weird colours and asks to be rebooted. Am I doing the right thing?

My Bad. I'll look up a few websites to see if I'm doing it properly. cheers James
If you're using an old 3DS, it can be a utter pain to get it to work.

This can greatly increase your chances.

- Disable WiFi.

- Open the browser, delete all data. (Go to the start menu, then settings, and scroll down until you say "initialize" or delete all data.)

- enter the browserhax URL in the URL box (not search box)

When loading the page fails, save it as a bookmark

Return to HOME Menu, and go back to the Browser.

Enable WiFi, then refresh the page if necessary. It should work now.

Jimmy6166

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a new 3ds xl and have installed browserhax successfully! Even managed to download and get SVDT working :)

However once that has been launched, I have no idea how to look for the monster hunter save file.. Would you know how to locate it and how to save it?

IMG_6355.JPG

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Guess it wasn't triple, but quadruple. Whoops. My system froze when I pressed "reply", so I kept pressing the button. In other words, I have 1337 post counts. Cool, I guess.

See below.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
If this is the system that hasn't played the game yet, you want to launch the game at least once before messing with its save data.

You wanna be on the original console with the save data right now. Launch SVDT, and it will automatically back up its current save when you launch the homebrew.

Then, just copy the saves (the actual files, not a folder that says Monster Hunter) into a file specifically named "svdt_inject" (without quotes, on root of SD).
Hold R before AND while you launch SVDT on the new system, and the save file should automatically be injected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.