Tutorial  Updated

System Transfer Old 3ds to New 3ds Gateway Emunand

System Transfer Old 3ds to New 3ds Gateway Emunand

I have been meaning to write this guide for a while. I held off on it for a long time due to the overwhelming amount of steps it use to take to spoof and downgrade emunand. Now that I am able to make it brick and idiot proof I feel as if everyone should have the chance to system transfer the easy way. Please try to keep questions to the guide and I will do my best to help

Requirements

O3ds 4.x-9.2
N3ds 9.0-9.2 (If on 8.1 you're sol at the moment)
This file pack
9.2 Cia update

Note to official 9.3+ firmware people, the only way I have found to transfer to n3ds emunand is to first transfer to another o3ds with emunand or custom firmware then use that to transfer to n3ds emunand.

Pre-requirements

You need to have emunand setup on both o3ds and n3ds and make sure you access the eshop at least once on both units. Make sure to make a backup of both emunands using emunand tool. Your n3ds and o3ds emunand must be between 9.0 and 9.5. If your 3ds has a higher emunand then 9.6 we will need to downgrade to transfer. If you have an emunand lower than 9.0 acquire 9.2.0-20 USA/EUR/JPN cia files and install using BBM title manager

To downgrade first acquire 9.2.0-20 USA/EUR/JPN for the old 3ds. Once done put all the cia files in the folder named "updates" that is in the file you download from me. Once all the cia files are in the folder copy all the files to the root of the sd card of the o3ds. Use a cia installer to install sysupdater and run the program. Once loaded click Y to downgrade. Once done emunand should be either 9.0-9.2. Now with a acceptable emunand version we can continue

System Transfer

Once both n3ds and o3ds have acceptable firmwares between 9.0 and 9.5 install FreemultiPatcher.cia to emunand. Once installed run it and click start to boot back to the home screen. Make sure you're connected to the internet and goto settings and click system transfer. I know people will not like this part but you MUST do an over the air transfer; it's the only option that keeps emunand intact and doesn't make you restart your device. Yes it will take a while depending on how much stuff you have so just let it run overnight or something. Once complete you should now have everything on your n3ds. If once done the transfer you find yourself in a post transfer loop that it asks you to update emunand simply shut down your wireless router and cancel the transfer. Once you access eshop for the first time everything should automatically finish and appear as transferred. Thanks guza98 for the tip on fixing this

If you run into an error on the new 3ds saying you need to update then you have a downgraded system settings. All you need to do is download the correct cia file, install it and try again

USA = 0004001000021000 v8203 MD5: 5077D839633EC80E7A9D3CA98B794D4B
EUR = 0004001000022000 v8202 MD5: 7D9E073A6349DDEF77E67B2102B4EEA5
JPN = 0004001000020000 v9224 MD5: 375EDB36DA62AE44D4D8C91DAB854573

-Enjoy

Last edited by Ronhero,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I just had success - I deleted all the VC Gameboy CIAs and all the other CIAs that I hadn't played yet (no save file so no point) and left the others. Had a problem where when I booted into gateway mode, it would try to finish the system transfer and then restart with an error after about ten seconds. However I fixed this by turning off wireless before booting into gateway and then cancelling the transfer. Then when I booted into gateway again, all my non-bought CIAs were there, but not my bought ones. Then when I went to the eShop, the bought ones appeared. The non-bought CIAs were all legit ones I had downloaded for another project that I'd decided to install on my main console anyway. I was pretty sure I read that legit CIAs would not system transfer. But these ones did! I guess just because they were in EmuNAND? Anyway thanks Ronhero! Im sad to no longer play on my Zelda xl which I've had for like two years but I guess one must move with the times. Now my MM console will be glad to get out of the cupboard after being there for like 9 months :-p

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had success - I deleted all the VC Gameboy CIAs and all the other CIAs that I hadn't played yet (no save file so no point) and left the others. Had a problem where when I booted into gateway mode, it would try to finish the system transfer and then restart with an error after about ten seconds. However I fixed this by turning off wireless before booting into gateway and then cancelling the transfer. Then when I booted into gateway again, all my non-bought CIAs were there, but not my bought ones. Then when I went to the eShop, the bought ones appeared. The non-bought CIAs were all legit ones I had downloaded for another project that I'd decided to install on my main console anyway. I was pretty sure I read that legit CIAs would not system transfer. But these ones did! I guess just because they were in EmuNAND? Anyway thanks Ronhero! Im sad to no longer play on my Zelda xl which I've had for like two years but I guess one must move with the times. Now my MM console will be glad to get out of the cupboard after being there for like 9 months :-p
Lol you are on the same path as I am about to do lol I was using my Gold Zelda 3DS XL and now moving to the Majoras Mask one lol

Reactions: Quantumcat

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First does the console you want to transfer from is exploitable with a 9.0-9.5 emunand (or 9.0-9.2 sysnand) ?
Here is my progress so far:
I had my real NNID and Purchased Games on Zelda 3DS XL on latest firmware
Then transferred it to my O3DS on emunand
Then downgraded my emunand on the O3DS to the same as the N3DS XL (9.0.0-2U)

This is where I am at now, its been after the 7 day wait period. So yes my NNID and account are on my O3DS with 9.0.0-2U emunand

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then setup pasta on your n3ds
Install fmp on your sysnand with Pasta + FBI
Start fmp on both console (emunand for the O3DS, sysnand for the N3DS) then do the system transfer.
Do I need any flash cart or games to install it to the n3DS

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Now use fbi to install fmp on your sysnand. (destination sd)
Okay when transferring should it be thru wifi or thru pc?? Is is okay that I have FBI installed as a CIA or should I just use the one in HBL to install Free Multi Patcher

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
- Do the system transfer first, then use your pc to transfer your data from your sd card to the micro-sd one.
- Both work.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the system transfer first.
Thank you I got it to transfer yay!!! Thank you VerseHell, Question how come when I first turn on the N3DS I can't use the FMP only until I boot in HBL and click pasta then can I use FMP. I see the FMP Icon when I 1st boot up but when I click it, it gives me an error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night