Hardware System Transfer OFW 10.3 -> OFW 11.0

PewnyPL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have an O3DS on 10.3 FW, 'Frankenfirmware', with updated eShop, mint, NVer and friends module (to enable online play and NNID access). Soon I will be getting an unknown Firmware (but most likely 11.0) N3DS, and here's my question:
Is there any way, through homebrew launcher only, to spoof the System Transfer to allow a transfer WITHOUT updating? Maybe updating CVer so it shows 11.0 on the old 3DS? Anyone ever tried this?

PS. I tried searching, literally every thread I find is about system transfer to/from EmuNAND/CFW, nothing to/from SysNAND/OFW.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have an O3DS on 10.3 FW, 'Frankenfirmware', with updated eShop, mint, NVer and friends module (to enable online play and NNID access). Soon I will be getting an unknown Firmware (but most likely 11.0) N3DS, and here's my question:
Is there any way, through homebrew launcher only, to spoof the System Transfer to allow a transfer WITHOUT updating? Maybe updating CVer so it shows 11.0 on the old 3DS? Anyone ever tried this?

PS. I tried searching, literally every thread I find is about system transfer to/from EmuNAND/CFW, nothing to/from SysNAND/OFW.
ctr-httpwn should work for that. I do believe the consoles need to be the same/similar version for the transfer to work, or at the very least the system transfer app has to be the same version on both consoles, you can of course use FBI to install the 11.0 system transfer app on the 10.3 3DS, but it may not launch successfully on 10.3 firmware.

But why don't you downgrade the 10.3 console and install CFW on it? It would be easy to do since you already have HBL set up, then you could update it to 11.0 and system transfer with no problems. And if you are planning to sell the o3DS after you get the n3DS it will sell for more if you put A9LH on it first :)
Additionally, if you hack the 10.3 console, you can install dsiwarehax on it before transferring, so you'll be able to hack the 11.0 console as well using the DSiWare downgrade method.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

PewnyPL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ctr-httpwn should work for that. I do believe the consoles need to be the same/similar version for the transfer to work, or at the very least the system transfer app has to be the same version on both consoles, you can of course use FBI to install the 11.0 system transfer app on the 10.3 3DS, but it may not launch successfully on 10.3 firmware.
That's something to consider! However, in case the system transfer app fails to load if I update it, is there a way to install the OLDER version over the newer? I'm not sure if NASA can do it.

But why don't you downgrade the 10.3 console and install CFW on it?
I WAS considering it, however, in Plailect's guide is written that in some cases, most likely when DSiWare is installed (which I do have), a softbrick may happen, and the only way to ensure it's safe, is to format the console. Which I don't want to do.

To be fair, I was actually hoping to do the system transfer, then A9LH the O3DS and keep it, but if needed I will just say 'screw it' and update it to 11.0

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
That's something to consider! However, in case the system transfer app fails to load if I update it, is there a way to install the OLDER version over the newer? I'm not sure if NASA can do it.

I WAS considering it, however, in Plailect's guide is written that in some cases, most likely when DSiWare is installed (which I do have), a softbrick may happen, and the only way to ensure it's safe, is to format the console. Which I don't want to do.

To be fair, I was actually hoping to do the system transfer, then A9LH the O3DS and keep it, but if needed I will just say 'screw it' and update it to 11.0
There are many factors. DSiWare is only one of then. Trust me, I had a ton. Your chances are just as much as someone elses.

I haven't heard of anyone bricking lately, actually.
No threads have been opened and the "have you bricked" thread hasn't been revived in a while. Personally, I'd do it before it's too late.

PewnyPL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are many factors. DSiWare is only one of then. Trust me, I had a ton. Your chances are just as much as someone elses.

I haven't heard of anyone bricking lately, actually.
No threads have been opened and the "have you bricked" thread hasn't been revived in a while. Personally, I'd do it before it's too late.
I guess when I get the N3DS I will try to downgrade the old one, if I get a soft brick it will just end up on 11.0, so oh well. But I'd still preffer to be able to transfer first, then 'play' with it. But if it's impossible, then by all means, will try this.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I think you may be able to System Transfer using ctr-httpwn, I tried going to it with an Original 3DS in 10.3.0-28J and it let me enter to System Transfer. You maybe give it a try before if you want so.

Last edited by Clector,

PewnyPL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think you may be able to System Transfer using ctr-httpwn, I tried going to it with an Original 3DS in 10.3.0-28J and it let me enter to System Transfer. You maybe give it a try before if you want so.
Well, according to 3DS version report, the last time System Transfer app was updated, was way back on 9.6, so I should be in luck, and since ctr-httpwn works (BTW, thanks for letting me know you all about it, I finally was able to redeem a few Theme codes I had) it just may work. Just hoping there isn't a new FW update that changes the bloody System Transfer before I get the N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Same as always