Hacking System Transfer from Old 3DS EmuNAND to New 3DS EmuNAND

Garou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I have already asked this on the 3ds noob thread but I guess it's complicated enough to deserve its own thread :P
so I was planning to buy a new 3ds which supposed to come with fw 9.9, and currently I am happily playing with and old 3ds with fw 9.2 with a linked emunand already on 10.4

and the question is if I do this: update the old 3ds emunand to 10.5, downgrade the new 3ds to 9.2, create a linked emunand on new 3ds and update to 10.5, then what will happen if I attempt to do system transfer from the old 3ds emunand to new 3ds emunand?

• will the new 3ds automatically installed with all legit eshop titles that previously installed on the old 3ds?
  • how about the saves? will they transferred as well?
  • and the miiplaza progress?
  • what is the unique id of the new 3ds (as in sdcard:\Nintendo 3DS\<this unique id>), will it be different or same with the old 3ds (because AFAIK titles and saves are linked to this unique id)
  • and since the system transfer is done on linked emunand, what will happen in the new 3ds sysnand? can I play legit titles directly in sysnand? (because I can on the old 3ds, though that I have to dump ticket.db from emunand to sysnand)
  • and what will happen with the old 3ds? will it be automatically formatted? and can I still use the linked emunand from the old 3ds in that system?
I need to know what will I lose by system transfer, because I can consider whether I will do system transfer or create a new account on the new 3ds (I'm still keeping the old one)
thanks

Last edited by Garou,

Garou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if I backup the emunand before system transfer, can I still use it?
but yeah I was thinking about not taking any chance and creating new account, but I still want to know if there's possibility for me to play those titles I bought from eshop directly on the new 3ds sysnand

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
I've never used system transfer but can you login to your nintendo ID and download your stuff again that way?

Garou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
in the new system I suppose I can, never try it though
in the old system, no idea
that's why I created this thread in the first place, too ask anyone who has done system transfer and share their experience, especially about 6 things that I mentioned in the OP :)

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I have already asked this on the 3ds noob thread but I guess it's complicated enough to deserve its own thread :P
so I was planning to buy a new 3ds which supposed to come with fw 9.9, and currently I am happily playing with and old 3ds with fw 9.2 with a linked emunand already on 10.4

and the question is if I do this: update the old 3ds emunand to 10.5, downgrade the new 3ds to 9.2, create a linked emunand on new 3ds and update to 10.5, then what will happen if I attempt to do system transfer from the old 3ds emunand to new 3ds emunand?

• will the new 3ds automatically installed with all legit eshop titles that previously installed on the old 3ds?
  • how about the saves? will they transferred as well?
  • and the miiplaza progress?
  • what is the unique id of the new 3ds (as in sdcard:\Nintendo 3DS\<this unique id>), will it be different or same with the old 3ds (because AFAIK titles and saves are linked to this unique id)
  • and since the system transfer is done on linked emunand, what will happen in the new 3ds sysnand? can I play legit titles directly in sysnand? (because I can on the old 3ds, though that I have to dump ticket.db from emunand to sysnand)
  • and what will happen with the old 3ds? will it be automatically formatted? and can I still use the linked emunand from the old 3ds in that system?
I need to know what will I lose by system transfer, because I can consider whether I will do system transfer or create a new account on the new 3ds (I'm still keeping the old one)
thanks

If I understand you correctly, you mean transferring emunand to emunand. So this will apply:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Same als the old
5. Nothing will happen. Sysnand will be untouched. So it won't be possible to Play the transfered Titles on sysnand on the target console.You need to restore a (emu)nand backup to the target sysnand to get this working (or dumping and merging system files like ticket.db into sysnand)
6. It will be reset. But only emunand, sysnand will be untouched.

If your nands from source console are linked or you restore an nands backup from before system transfer, then it will still be possible to play legit bought games on the console, but eshop won't work. Emunand on the target console won't have any issues.

Last edited by GothicIII,
Reactions: Garou

Garou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I understand you correctly, you mean transferring emunand to emunand. So this will apply:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Same als the old
5. Nothing will happen. Sysnand will be untouched. So it won't be possible to Play the transfered Titles on sysnand on the target console.You need to restore a (emu)nand backup to the target sysnand to get this working (or dumping and merging system files like ticket.db into sysnand)
6. It will be reset. But only emunand, sysnand will be untouched.

If your nands from source console are linked or you restore an nands backup from before system transfer, then it will still be possible to play legit bought games on the console, but eshop won't work. Emunand on the target console won't have any issues.
yes emunand to emunand
thanks a lot, very much appreciated

so #1-4 are exactly what I expected, that's great news
and for #5, of course sysnand will be untouched. silly me, I thought the sysnand will be magically linked with the emunand on the new 3ds ^_^

for #6, if I create a new linked emunand on the old 3ds and update it to 10.5, since nintendo server will no longer register this system for that account, what will happen if I try to access eshop?
edit. oops didn't realize you already answer this too. thanks a lot then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them