system transfer from non a9lh to a9lh

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by fikatr, Jun 9, 2016.

1. fikatr
    OP

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    i installed a9lh on my 3ds but im using luma+menuhax on my 2ds can i perform a system transfer from my 2ds to 3ds

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    you should setup an emunand on the a9lh system and do a system transfer to that.

3. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Pretty sure you can transfer to the sysnand just fine. Not sure why you'd make an emunand for that.

osaka35 likes this.
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, in fact using emuNAND on the target system causes problems with the transfer. emuNAND on the source system should work just fine though.
    Are you using updated sysNAND on the 3DS? If so the transfer should go just fine. Both systems will need to be updated to the latest version.
    If you're using an emuNAND on the 3DS the transfer might be problematic, I have heard of people having errors halfway through once the target system reboots and they boot back into emuNAND, and then having trouble getting the 3DS to recognize the transferred games (there was a workaround to get them recognized but I can't remember what it was)