System transfer from hacked 3ds to non hacked.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by yetis r us, Nov 11, 2016.

1. yetis r us
    OP

yetis r us Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Hello I recently purchased a new N3DS (which is at latest firmware) and I also have a hacked N3DS on luma cfw at latest firmware as well. What I've been wondering is if I could do a system transfer to keep everything legit I purchased along with my nnid on my new 3ds and keep my hacked content seperate. Please excuse me if this doesn't belong here.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Yes, a system transfer from hacked N3DS to stock N3DS should work fine. Anything legitimately purchased through the eShop will transfer over.

If the new system has 11.0+, I'd recommend buying a copy of Fieldrunners and installing the hacked save before transferring. (That is, if you want to hack the new system.) https://plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade

Last edited by GerbilSoft, Nov 11, 2016 - Reason: +DSiWare downgrade
    Quantumcat likes this.
  3. yetis r us
    OP

yetis r us Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Okay sweet. Thank you very much. Would I need to reinstall my cias and such to the cfw 3ds? Or would those stay?

4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Any installed CIAs will be unusable, since the movable.sed file (which contains the SD key) and ticket database will be reset. Back up your saves with JKSM first.

5. yetis r us
    OP

yetis r us Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Okay sounds good. If there's anything else I need to know it would be greatly appreciated. If not then thank you very much for the help.

6. Broutowicz

Broutowicz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    I also have a question. I want to do a system transfer from n3dsxl with cfw TO a stock 2ds. Would this work or will it brock either device

7. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    @Broutowicz It shouldn"t break the console, but you can"t do that since a New 3DS console model can"t make a System Transfer to an Original 3DS console.