System transfer from emunand to another legit 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Tikkito, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Tikkito
    OP

Tikkito Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2014
    United States
    Orlando, Florida
    so I did a system transfer from my original 3ds to my 4.5 3ds to then find out my pokemon y save could not be used because of the encryption. Is there any way to transfer back to my original 3ds? If so how would I properly backup everything on my emunand like saves and other things? Would I have to do the whole gateway process on my gateway 3ds? Will it update my Sysnand?

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    yeah, you can do system transfers from latest emuNANDs to latest sysNANDS and vice versa
    if you worry about your data, back it up first... copy SD content and backup the emuNAND with either the gateway option or "emunand_tool" and then you can just inject your backup again
    but are you sure, you need to that? is it not working in classic mode?
    and what exactly would you define as "gateway process", don't know what that is supposed to mean?

3. Tikkito
    OP

Tikkito Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2014
    United States
    Orlando, Florida
    Yes I'm sure, my pokemon y eshop download is not loading the save I backed up from my original 3ds because it was saved with the new encryption so the only way to use my save would be to transfer back to the original 3ds. It is not loading my save in classic mode, no. By gateway process I mean using the blue card to install gateway again etc.

What do you mean by injecting by the way? I'm sorry I'm not too informed on this stuff as I've never had to do it

4. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    oh its an eshop download? not sure about eshop saves, never had to handle those
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/ <-- this "emunand_tool" can extract and inject emuNANDs
    and not entirely sure, if you will have to reinstall the gateway exploit after a system transfer, hmmm, but it takes like a minute to load the gateway installer .nds file onto a DS flash card and then install it, so why does it matter anyway? :-)

oh and about your worry to update sysNAND... if your emuNAND is on 9.0 and you do the system transfer from within emuNAND, then nothing should happen to your sysNAND

but it's like always, when you do something on your gateway 3DS --> make sure you have a 4.X backup, just in case something happens
    I have been repeating this so often lately, I start to get annoyed by myself, too X.x but everyone, who owns a 4.X 3DS MUST HAVE a backup of its NAND

5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    It's a pity to see that nobody has tried System Transferring from emuNAND to another console.

6. Tikkito
    OP

Tikkito Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2014
    United States
    Orlando, Florida
    Yes I have a nand backup Already since I am paranoid about these things. Thank you will try this tonight

7. MelonGx

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    The problem is the hardware modification for re-flashing backed-up SysNAND.

8. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    so sys transfer with emunand works both ways? Doesent that mean you can clone eshop games? You could backing up the emunand on your pc transfer it to a legit 3ds and than restore the backup

9. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Yes but as soon as the clone system touches the internet the tickets get revoked. I know of one or two people with this "twin systems" set up.
    It happens, it's just a rarity.

10. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    when I clearly say, yes it works, then what makes you think, noone tried it? where do you think, I have the information from? seriously, geez
    exactly, what Abcdfv said

every time a thread like this surfaces, I am surprised again by people not knowing about this, it has been covered alot of times already, the information is out there, a google or forum search provides the information
    this is actually very old information, transfers like this have already been done, when emuNAND was a very new thing, long before the long "emuNAND drought" during the time, when the 7.X encryption keys weren't broken yet

11. MelonGx

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Performed it myself.
    emuNAND1 to emuNAND2.
    Just to follow this instruction and withdraw emuNAND1's SD card before hitting the button to initialize the source machine (the end of Step 5).

12. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Are there any problems with using both the old system and the new cloned system online at the same time?