trogdon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, long time no see!

I have recently purchased a Hyrule New 3DSXL from Gamestop, and was lucky enough to get a model with an IPS screen. I have hacked the system, as I would like to load some GBA games onto it and this was cheaper than getting a flashcart for my GBA SP.

That said, my old 3DSXL that I've had since launch, was never hacked. It has about 30 legitimately purchased games on it, and a ton of saved data.

Will there be any issues in transferring the system data from the unhacked 3DSXL to the hacked New 3DSXL? Aside from hacking the New 3DSXL, I have not played a single game on it, so there's no issues with overwriting stuff.

Thank you!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@TurdPooCharger oops sorry for tagging you, was too trigger happy

@trogdon if you're wanting to move an unhacked system's data to a hacked one, you only need update both to the latest firmware and do a normal system transfer. Make sure to follow all instructions the console tells you exactly, don't go doing anything exotic like removing the SD card when it doesn't tell you to, or the data might not work on the new system or the old system anymore. For safety's sake you should at least load userland homebrew on the unhacked console and use JKSM to back up your saves and copy them to a computer for safe keeping, before you begin the transfer.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

trogdon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TurdPooCharger oops sorry for tagging you, was too trigger happy

@trogdon if you're wanting to move an unhacked system's data to a hacked one, you only need update both to the latest firmware and do a normal system transfer. Make sure to follow all instructions the console tells you exactly, don't go doing anything exotic like removing the SD card when it doesn't tell you to, or the data might not work on the new system or the old system anymore. For safety's sake you should at least load userland homebrew on the unhacked console and use JKSM to back up your saves and copy them to a computer for safe keeping, before you begin the transfer.

Thank you for the advice! I did the transfer, and was able to keep everything! Didn't lose any files or saves. I had to reinstall my CIAs afterward on the receiving card (didn't prepare myself for that), but everything is good to go now. I appreciate your help.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What the heck is that emote SylverReZ using?