Hacking System transfer complete, and now EMUNAND won't recognize my saves!

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm kind of scared to play my 3ds right now. What happened was I transferred my sysnand 9.4 to my gateway emunand, which went off without a hitch. I then went to copy my data to my memory card as I was told not to swap the cards due to the emunand files not being on the sysnand memory card.

I loaded my transferred 3ds with no problems...except it wouldn't recognize anything on the card. None of my games, none of my saves, none of my themes. I panicked and re-downloaded everything, and the eshop allowed me to, but I had to start all of my games over. For some titles, like Bravely Default and Fire Emblem, this royally sucked.

I'm getting a New 3DS XL next month, and I'm honestly afraid to play my current 3DS. I'm worried that if I do, when I go to use system transfer to my N3DSXL that I'll have to start all my games over again! Can anyone tell me what I did wrong or what I might do differently? I'm tempted to just update my old OG 3ds to the latest firmware just so I know there won't be any system transfer issues...

loco365

Trophies
XP
I am having an identical issue myself. I copied my contents of my SD card to my laptop, then backed up my NAND, then created an emuNAND on my SD card (I have a backup of the NAND.bin file too...), but for some reason, it's not detecting my games and whatnot, resulting in me losing 110 hours of Pokemon X. I'm still working on a way to recover it though.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
heya guys what happens its that the nintendo 3ds folder is kinda restrictive, if you have that issue just delete what is in the SD card the nintendo 3ds folder and copy the one in your pc backup and it should work

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
That's weird. I also did a system transfer from my old 3DS with sysnand 9.4 to my new 3DS with emunand 9.4 and everything was intact, I could play all my digital games in both Gateway and Classic mode and the saves were there. Try looking at the Nintendo 3DS folder maybe the emunand didn't found your old folder and created a new folder with a new ID (?)

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that may be the case. In the advent that is what occured, would I just copy my data to that new folder? I'm using the same Nintendo ID and everything.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can someone help me to order the map for Fire Emblem?
I still can download the game on eshop but can't access to my save.
I think I messed up the folders a long time ago.

So first I got 46974b6dd12a2fcff3fa9d4f9f32aa13 and then ba3b00d1311097043030303000284245
I also got 3030935483f25bf815138dab877639ff from another backup.

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use the same folder in my experience that gave problems

I'm sorry, I hope I'm not being a pest, I just want to clarify; I was able to verify that my emunand created a new folder. If I understand correctly I should take what was in my old 3ds ID folder and copy it over to my new one? If I'm following right you're saying don't use the old 3ds folder, rather drop my data in the new 3ds folder that was created, correct? I greatly appreciate your help!

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Use the following method to fix it:

Old SD files:
/Nintendo 3DS/(ID1)/(Old-SD-ID2)/dbs,exdata,title.....

New SD files:
/Nintendo 3DS/(ID1)/(New-SD-ID2)/

Move old SD's dbs,extdata,title..... into New-SD-ID2.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Use the following method to fix it:

Old SD files:
/Nintendo 3DS/(ID1)/(Old-SD-ID2)/dbs,exdata,title.....

New SD files:
/Nintendo 3DS/(ID1)/(New-SD-ID2)/

Move old SD's dbs,extdata,title..... into New-SD-ID2.
So you must put the eshop files into new-sd-id2 and then restart the 3ds?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So you must put the eshop files into new-sd-id2 and then restart the 3ds?
Yes. This is the only and final solution. If this fails, then all your save/FC/MiiPlaza will be unreadable.
BTW, you should know New-SD-ID2 is not a folder named "New-SD-ID2", but a code like 19af6e8548abd....... or something.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry, I hope I'm not being a pest, I just want to clarify; I was able to verify that my emunand created a new folder. If I understand correctly I should take what was in my old 3ds ID folder and copy it over to my new one? If I'm following right you're saying don't use the old 3ds folder, rather drop my data in the new 3ds folder that was created, correct? I greatly appreciate your help!
What worked for me is that I deleted the folder that created the emunand and then copy the one backuped that solved for me

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I did it all wrong I literally picked id. Well I deleted the 3ds folder and back up the old one.
Let see. I though I did that.

So my journal and the rest were also transfered so I must be able to use this.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I deleted the 3ds folder and backup didn't work I am on 9.4 emunand.
Now I'm downloading the game again and I'll try the trick with the id's folder.
I found a better backup folder that musn't be messed up. So the id is the one together with the private folder? So I got 46974b6dd12a2fcff3fa9d4f9f32aa13.

Hm not sure if it will read the old files if you move them to the old ID. Can't get it to work but I keep trying.
Or must you keep the old files first and then copy over?

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone, I forgot to report back that it's working now. I had to modify the steps a bit, here's what worked for me in case someone else needs help:

I followed the provided instructions, but it still wouldn't see my files. When I plugged my memory card back into my computer I saw that it created a new folder again with the new ID it made after the transfer. The weird thing is that it moved everything I put into it, the entire Nintendo3DS folder inside of that folder. I went ahead and just moved what was inside the 3ds folder to the new ID and everything displayed and worked just fine :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol