Hacking system transfer a9 n3ds nnid to another b9s console

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Considering to system transfer an a9lh-ed n3ds nnid to another console without nnid and freshly b9s-ed.

1. Will it work? If not, should use extra time first upgrade a9 console to b9 before system transferring it ?

2. The content of the micro sdcard for a9 console will be cloned to a new card for the other b9s-ed console.
After the "a9 to b9 system transfer ", what will be left in the old console? Will the original purchased games and installed cias stay in the a9lh-ed console even after system transfer?

Edit:
3. Both are n3ds. If after the "a9 to b9 system transfer", perform sysnand backup restore to the a9 console, can i get back all previous things before that system transfer?

4. Update: It does work, the "a9 to b9 system transfer" for 2 consoles both 11.9 the highest version at the moment was completed successfully.
The source a9lh console was forced to format and restart with no nnid being linked, while the emunand on source console even after syatem transfer was still accessible.

Last edited by emuashui,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends if the new system is n3ds , you can't go from New to Older model, Doing a system transfer doesn't transfer games that you didn't legally purchased, for freeshop/cia format games they do get transfer but they wont show up until you transfer the tickets.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. Depends on the other console. You can't transfer from New to Old or from Old to Old 2ds.
2. Can't tell. Probably everything except files (legit games) in Nintendo folder.

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Edit:
3. Both are n3ds. If after the "a9 to b9 system transfer", perform sysnand backup restore to the a9 console, can i get back all previous things before that system transfer?

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If you system transfer, the (fake) tickets of your non-legit titles won't cross over. You'll need faketik to restore them.

About fake tik , i recalled years ago i have an emunand with some black boxes in some games... will fake tik likely bring those games back with normal icons? (if i managed to dig out that emunand from backups)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About fake tik , i recalled years ago i have an emunand with some black boxes in some games... will fake tik likely bring those games back with normal icons? (if i managed to dig out that emunand from backups)
That depends if those same games are marked with greyed out X's in System Settings → Software. You can try ticket restoring with faketik and HOME Menu icon cache clearing with Cthulhu. Black icon can mean the contents are missing or corrupt from the Nintendo 3DS folder on the SD card.

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
A9LH won't work on the newest firmware version, and both consoles need to be on the latest, so you can't do it. Upgrade the source console first. https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

" A9LH: Works <-- Yes successfully from 11.8 to Sys 11.9.0-42U (emunand Emu 11.2.0-35U not updated, still accessible),
with Luma 7.05 a9lh , FBI(v2.4.6) gm9 d9 still run, eshop at 11.9 accessible, buying DLCs from games at 11.9 no problem. "

Update 11.9 and Homebrew by GalladeGuy Dec 4, 2018 at 8:27 AM
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-9-and-homebrew.525158/page-3#post-8486592

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
4. Update: It does work, the "a9 to b9 system transfer" for 2 consoles both 11.9 the highest version at the moment was completed successfully.
The source a9lh console was forced to format and restart with no nnid being linked, while the emunand on source console even after syatem transfer was still accessible.

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Now after system transfer, the nnid should and only should appear online on target console, not again on source console (yes, there is the nnid in the emunand of source console), lest being banned.

But i wanna update the emunand to 11.9...
is there any way of updating system without online or without nnid logging in ?

Or, is there a method to remove nnid in emunand without going online?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: emuashui

emuashui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Have a look here under "removing an NNID without formatting your device"
https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage

You would have to either move emuNAND to sysNAND first, or edit the script though.

i see, the gm9 script remove nnid applies to sysnand only.

Is there another feasible way, namely to open the emunand and delete a file called nnidsave.bin , and then the nnid previously inside the emunand will disappear?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i see, the gm9 script remove nnid applies to sysnand only.

Is there another feasible way, namely to open the emunand and delete a file called nnidsave.bin , and then the nnid previously inside the emunand will disappear?
Yes, that used to be the advice before someone made a script.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1