TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I am thinking of doing a System Transfer from my Old 3DS sysNAND to my Old 3DS XL emuNAND.
Please answer my questions, I'm trying to do this before the next Firmware Version comes out to prevent delays. Please correct me if necessary, I'm a Newbie if you still didn't realize.

This is how everything is setup:

OLD 3DS - Source System
9.9.0-26U sysNAND
**No emuNAND!**

OLD 3DS XL - Target System
4.3.0-10U sysNAND
9.9.0-26U - emuNAND

Should I do a System Format on the 3DS XL emuNAND in order to UNLINK it FROM the 3DS XL sysNAND?

I make mistakes all the time. As most of you may know, accessing Data Management from sysNAND will DELETE EVERYTHING, which I DON'T want to happen.
If I did a System Format, is it true that after formatting emuNAND, accessing Data Management will not DELETE EVERYTHING?
Also, should the SD card (contains emuNAND) be inserted into the 3DS XL DURING THE System FORMAT?

Also, if I go on Nintendo eShop on emuNAND, will that delete any of my data?

All of the retail games I have were released in BEFORE the Firmware Version 6.0.0 and Save Encryption came out, but they were all played on the sysNAND console with the latest version.
Will I be able to load those saves successfully on emuNAND 9.9 Classic Mode or will the saves be corrupt?
Or, should I format sysNAND instead?

So, is it possible to do a System Transfer in this setup with no problem?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing a System Transfer in this setup, if any?
Also, I have heard that I have to go on eShop after the System Transfer in order to be able to complete the transfer and be able to see all of my programs.

If you have anything important you need to tell me about doing a System Transfer and/or System Format on emuNAND, please feel free to reply with what you need to tell me.

I'd appreciate it if someone helped me and replied to me.

Thanks,
Andrew21

Last edited by TechAndrew,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't comment on whether all your pirated stuff will be deleted when opening eShop/data management, because I don't know.

But an old3DS 9.9sys to old3DS 9.9emu system transfer should work just fine.

TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't comment on whether all your pirated stuff will be deleted when opening eShop/data management, because I don't know.

But an old3DS 9.9sys to old3DS 9.9emu system transfer should work just fine.

Ok, btw, if it helps, the only unsigned CIA is Title Manager (DevMenu). All the other stuff that I'm concerned about is stuff that I actually bought and downloaded from eShop.
Would the Data Management delete just the Title Manager, or everything from the UNLINKED emuNAND?

TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I did the System Transfer. Here are the detailed results:
SUCCESS - BUT DSiWare Save Data Lost, Redownloadable DSiWare

Version: 3DS sysNAND 9.9 to 3DS XL emuNAND 9.9 - UNLINKED from sysNAND = Data Not Readable From sysNAND <--> emuNAND, only sysNAND <--> sysNAND and emuNAND <--> emuNAND
SUMMARY
So, I went to System Transfer on both consoles. The 3DS is on sysNAND and the 3DS XL is on emuNAND. Everything went normally, with the Pikmin animation after going through the agreement and tapping continue many times... After the transfer, the 3DS (Source System) auto-formatted and the 3DS XL (Target System) rebooted into sysNAND in System Transfer mode. I went through the initial setup of the 3DS normally. After a few seconds of waiting, an Error popped up on the 3DS XL. The error stated that there was a communication error. That is because a System Transfer never was initiated in sysNAND. After pressing OK, it brought me to sysNAND System Settings. I booted into emuNAND mode and it continued the System Transfer. It said Connecting to the Internet for about 1-2 minutes and then it asked me to remove the SD card in the 3DS XL and swap it with the 3DS's SD card in order to transfer the DSiWare that I purchased on the 3DS. Before doing that, I thought twice about what I was going to do. Since emuNAND is treating the SD Card as a "Hard Drive", I immediately pressed Do Not Move after thinking about this. If you tap on this option, you can Redownload all your purchased DSiWare at no cost, but you WILL lose your DSiWare Titles' Save Data. It's not a problem for me, since most of the DSiWare I bought does not save any data. After that, it restarted the console into sysNAND mode and also prompted to copy the contents of my 3DS's SD card to the 3DS XL's SD card. So I turned off the XL while it was on sysNAND, copied the 3DS' SD Card contents to the 3DS XL's SD card, backed up emuNAND using emuNAND Tool (for Windows only), and then put the SD cards back in their corresponding consoles. I turned on the 3DS XL, booted emuNAND, and ta-da! Everything EXCEPT FOR THE DSiWARE was on the Home Menu, including the Super Smash Bros. Home Menu Theme I bought. Also, the Nintendo Network ID transferred successfully with no problem. There was no linked NNID on the Target System prior to the transfer. So, the conclusion is, my System Transfer was a success.
Note: The setup of the consoles you are using to System Transfer may impact the compatibility and functionality with System Transfer. Do a 3DS sysNAND --> 3DS XL emuNAND System Transfer at your own risk.

Last edited by TechAndrew,
Reactions: Zidapi and calebsw

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I wonder if this would work with a 3ds 9.9 sysnand and a N3ds 9.5 emunand with spoofed firmware?

BMO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I wonder if this would work with a 3ds 9.9 sysnand and a N3ds 9.5 emunand with spoofed firmware?
I dont think thats possible

to do a system transfer both systems need to be at the same firmware

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, you will need to downgrade your 9.9 sysNAND before you can perform a system transfer to the new3DS.

This is achieved by method below developed by @Ronhero. Any further questions should be sent his way.
Yes with 9.9 system nand you must first transfer to a donor running a cfw or gateway using emunand on 9.9. Once the files are on emunand 9.9 it is possable to downgrade to 9.0 and then system transfer from o3ds to n3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins