'System Shock' Remake Might Come To Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, May 5, 2018.

1. DeadlyAnGeL91792

DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    United States
    The Usa
    We all know they aren't ever gonna finish the system shock remake...who are we kidding here? switch port? get the game out first :/

Subtle Demise likes this.
  2. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    i had the unfinished version on Dreamcast it was great !!!!!!!! you could walk to the end of the hall Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!

Subtle Demise likes this.
  3. nonamejohn

nonamejohn GBAtemp Regular

Jul 23, 2014
    United States
    Bingo! Maybe they're trying to increase interest now to create hype/awareness, after the admitted development issues.

4. Uiaad

Uiaad GBATemp's resident guinea pig

Dec 23, 2008
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
    But that's the whole problem, what they should be doing is bucking down and trying to get a good product to market rather than create hype over something that seems a last minute edition to the project just to create hype.

5. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Maniac

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Except xbone which has nothing that some other platform doesn't do better :P switch has exclusives and is portable, ps4 has bloodborne, god of war, uncharted, pc has the best power, frame rate, cheapest games and free online. Xbone has a mediocre halo game and a few exclusives no one wants that's got bad ratings.

Uiaad likes this.
  6. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Another Huxleyian Dystopia
    Does the pope crap in the woods?!
    Yes, I want a Switch port!

7. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I suppose since this is a remake and you apparently don't know what a port is anymore, we might as well just have fun with it. Sony Portstation, PortBox One. System Shock was originally only on PC.

All you do is bitch about every single Switch announcement, couldn't even keep it to the indies. It's getting real played out. Then again maybe you just have nothing worthwhile to contribute so you always fall back to bad habits.

Last edited by Xzi, May 5, 2018
    KingVamp likes this.
  8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Damn...you beat me to it.

Sure, the switch is the most obvious choice, but it's not like android (or iOS, for that matter) is a comedy third (and fourth) option.

9. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    Never played System Shock, nor System Shock 2, but I know of Shodan, and her absolutely batshit crazy voice acting, that's truely spine tingling at times.

If the remake came to the Switch, I'd most likely get it to finally play it without it looking like a game from 1980 (which it is originally I believe).

10. MiguelinCrafter

MiguelinCrafter Halt!

Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Ready? GO!
    portendo should stand out for portable not for ports and this is not a port either way

11. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I'm just going to start reporting Reploid's low-effort shitposts from here on out, I recommend you do the same. He's in every Switch thread, and I seriously doubt he even owns a Switch. If he does then he's both a moron and hypocrite, because he shit talks the console constantly.

Last edited by Xzi, May 5, 2018
    MiguelinCrafter likes this.
  12. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    It's obviously iOS guys.

13. phreaksho
    This message by phreaksho has been removed from public view by Issac, May 5, 2018, Reason: no.
    May 5, 2018
  14. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Ooh, if System Shock came to the Switch I'd be highly interested. I have the old version on PC already, of course, but a portable version of the remake would feel nice!

Xzi and DarthDub like this.
  15. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Probably wouldn't matter much anyways, seems like the remake is either not going to release for another couple years after their supposed "2020 release window" or it's gonna be just plain awful because they keep restarting development on the thing because they can't decide whether they want to do a remake or reboot.

16. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Psycho!

May 5, 2013
    United States
    System Shock 2 is not (yet) in the process of being remade. The original source code has been lost, so it cannot just be ported, either.

17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Waifu material

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    ...they lost the source code ._. I hope they fired some over that!
    Seriously that bums me out, but I guess that explains why it's literally never ported to anything and why the "Linux version" is just running a contained version of Wine

18. grossaffe

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Well the company that owns the games (Night Dive Studios) is not the original developer. They might never have had the original source. The original development studio responsible for the game,Looking Glass Studios, folded. Then the developers went on to create Irrational Games and the Bioshock series.

19. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Waifu material

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    Interesting, I actually don't know much history behind the company myself so I guess I should look into them.
    I just know that I enjoyed the hell out of System Shock 2 and I've been bummed by the apparent lack of love for the game. Although I guess this does explain why the game doesn't appear to get much love.

20. grossaffe

May 5, 2013
    United States
    It was an interesting game. Played it on steam a few years back (learned about the source code being lost as that was the explanation for why the linux version on steam was running in a WINE wrapper).

21. chirogan

chirogan The Engineer

Feb 28, 2018
    Philippines
    Playstation has it too, but i must admit, nintendo excels in that part really well. :rolleyes:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Come on mate, im trying to be nice here. Youre exposing the obvious too much. :lol:

bi388 likes this.