System settings?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by lolzed, Jun 13, 2009.

Jun 13, 2009

System settings? by lolzed at 9:41 AM (1,135 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. lolzed
    OP

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    my friend's Japanese wii doesn't have any system settings,when you click on it a white page comes up something about opera blah blah...it isn't hack and there's no modchip(but i'm gonna hack it 2 days from now)basically he wants to go on wi-fi but can't since he can't change the settings i don't know what the firmware is but i'll check it when i see it,how can i fix this?

2. dudenator

Member dudenator King of the Carts

Canada
    Once you hack it change the region I guess...

3. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Sounds like it got semi-bricked. Try installing a Japanese System Menu WAD (if you need one, use NUS Downloader or rip it from a game), and if necessary, its IOS. In this case, I'll be using 4.0J.

In NUS Downloader, there will be a few boxes. Make sure "Pack -> WAD" is checked (it's near the bottom). For the first box, punch in "0000000100000002". In the second box, type in "416". Click "Start NUS Download!", and it will download everything and pack it into a WAD. To get IOS60 (necessary for 4.0J), put "000000010000003c" in the first box and "6174" in the second box.

Once you have your WADs, install them via WAD Manager.

4. lolzed
    OP

Philippines
    what do you mean by that?i need a certain ios to fix this,where do i download that,im sure its not running 4.0J,also,what if i put homebrew channel and change the region(like the other guy said)will it fix this problem?
    EDIT:ok so i was reding in wiihacks.com about semi bricks,and yeah,my friend may have had a lower firmware(J)and played a ssb brawl thats english...is that the case?and can i fix it with the above method?
    EDIT2:this means it have 3.x right?or 3.2,is there a way i can know?thanks guys

5. Dialexio

United States
    Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post. I was attempting to give simple instructions on going to 4.0J to fix the problem, but simplifying things tends to make it more complicated. >.<

If no other updates were applied, the Wii has 3.1U (on the contrary to popular belief, Brawl contains System Menu 3.1). After you hack the Wii, you can just use AnyRegion Changer to correct any region mess-ups, including reverting to 3.2J.

Alternatively, you can use a disc update to fix the problem. Make sure the game is from Japan if taking this route, or it'll get semi-bricked again! Update via Wii Music or Animal Crossing to jump onto System Menu 3.3.

6. lolzed
    OP

Philippines
    so i get the wad,install it(after i install hbc?)then use anyregion changer to change it to 3.2J(can i make it U?,one main reason we're doing this is to make it in english)
    EDIT:i found key.bin,but im not sure if it's the right one,how can i tell?

7. Dialexio

United States
    You can just use AnyRegion Changer. No need to deal with WADs with that route. [​IMG]

You shouldn't need key.bin for AnyRegion Changer, but here's how to verify it. The MD5 hash for the correct common key is "8d1a2ebcd82a3469b77facf15d9c8e50". You could use this online hasher if you do not have one (make sure you choose MD5).

If you don't have the correct common key, open up you favorite hex editor, and put in ebe42a225e8593e448d9c5457381aaf7 (IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO SHARE THE COMMON KEY.) When you save the file, it should be 16 bytes, and have the correct MD5 hash.

8. lolzed
    OP

Philippines
    ok,last question(i promise [​IMG])can i change it to 3.2U??will it fix the settings problem or it will only be fixed if its in J,thank you(in advance and now so no more bump [​IMG])

9. Dialexio

United States
    Yes, AnyRegion Changer can convert Wiis to another region.

10. lolzed
    OP

Philippines
    fixing the semi-brick?(or is it possible for 3.2J,english language and shop?)sorry and thanks,i don't want a mistake in this [​IMG]
    edit:nvm i think i got it,i change the wii region to japanese,language to english(and shop)and that should fix the semi brick and the wii in english right?

11. Dialexio

United States
    Just completely convert it to a US Wii (this picture illustrates what it should look like well). That should wipe out the semi-brick and behave like a US Wii. (Safety not guaranteed, I'm not responsible if you mess up.)

Don't forget to save the settings and install the correct System Menu.