Hacking System settings in EmuNand - Nintendo Network ID deleted?

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Long story short: I played Pokemon Shuffle with a Gateway (as a .3ds) in EmuNand 9.7. To get extra things in the game you must click on a button called "news" which needs you to connect to the internet.

When I try that, an error message comes which says that I did not connect an Nintendo Network ID with my account and I should go to the system settings to set one up. I never noticed there was a button like that there, but whatever.

So I got to the settings and tried to connect my system with the ID. Now it gives me the error message that the ID on that system got deleted and I should connect with another one, something like that.

The problem is: I AM connected with that Nintendo Network ID - I even got 1,55 € left on that account when I go to the e-shop, which runs flawless. I tried to go online with Smash 4 and it works too.

Is there anything I can do? What's wrong here?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thats bullshit. Pokemon shuffle was never sold as card thus there is no header.

You have to setup the nnid on sysnand (settings->nnid). It won't ask you to update. After that do the same on Emunand (if not already). The NNID should work now.
It happened to me too when I unlinked my SysNand, my NNID stopped working.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

You have to setup the nnid on sysnand (settings->nnid). It won't ask you to update. After that do the same on Emunand (if not already). The NNID should work now.

an online game no matter what it is needs an online header and as it is a .3ds rom it needs one. Also needs converting to .3dz through GWPatcher rom or eshop download, doesn't matter still needs it!

Reactions: cearp

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think Pokemon shuffle works like that. There are no checks against the Nintendo Update Server and no checks for Online-Header. CIAs or Eshop-titles don't have any headers. Why should Nintendo check for them if there is no card-version anyway?
I blocked all NUS access and I am still be able to update the game and receive the news on Emunand 9.4.
I just see a problem, that the .3ds is not updateable. If an update comes out, OP needs a new 3ds file.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think Pokemon shuffle works like that. There are no checks against the Nintendo Update Server and no checks for Online-Header. CIAs or Eshop-titles don't have any headers. Why should Nintendo check for them?
I just see a problem, that the .3ds is not updateable. If an update comes out, OP needs a new 3ds file.

Trust me on this one bud, if it goes online, it needs a header.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why should Nintendo check for them if there is no card-version anyway?
I blocked all NUS access and I am still be able to update the game and receive the news on Emunand 9.4.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why should Nintendo check for them if there is no card-version anyway?
it does as part of the cart authentication process.....when you convert a eshop game to a .3ds rom it is treated as a cart as far as the console is concerned and must provide its "online key"

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I only have one problem with this. How can I do that? My SysNand is on 4.5 .. means there is no such button to set that up. Am I screwed?

Tried to download Pokemon Shuffle from the e-shop - same error, the system tells me to set an NNID.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh yeah, I think so. The problem is when you start emunand some data from Sysnand remains in the RAM that is not overwritten by gateway. That behaves with the encryption keys for save games and NNID-Account linking (maybe even more). NNID was first introduced after fw4.5.

I could be wrong, but the only fix I know is to upgrade your firmware past 4.x and retry the solution I provided above. But be careful! First try http://go.gateway-3ds.com and look if the gateway menu loads with the 3.2.0 launcher. If not, you have to upgrade your browser in sysnand to a exploitable version first with a cia. Because when you upgrade through a card, the browser won't be updated. In that case you would be stuck with a non-exploitable 3ds. I think there is a cia called "browsertimewarp.cia" which installs a exploitable browser-version and can't be updated through nintendo anymore.

Reactions: Bimmel and Osmosis
D

Deleted-19228

I only have one problem with this. How can I do that? My SysNand is on 4.5 .. means there is no such button to set that up. Am I screwed?

Tried to download Pokemon Shuffle from the e-shop - same error, the system tells me to set an NNID.

What does your sysnand have to do with anything? You said your emunand. Obviously it's updated to 9.x...Add your NNID on your emunand like you should be, not on your sysnand. Why you are attempting to modify your sysnand I have no idea (?)

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Read my post above. Thats why.
For me NNID with a unlinked Sysnand didn't work on emunand (o3ds/N3dS) until I linked NNID on SysNand. And I think thats OPs problem, too.

Reactions: Osmosis

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what my problem with moveable.sed bricking my emuNAND is... I have never linked my NNID on sysNAND. Thought it would require update. Therefore, never touched it. I did link my Profile Nickname and used 9.7 emuNAND with NNID.

But I bet when I link to sysNAND from emuNAND it goes. "hey, where's sysNAND's NNID?" and then emuNAND bricks on rxMode boot...

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No... I double-checked. sysNAND 9.2.0-9U. When I try to go to NNID it prompts for "Connect to Internet and update your system to use these settings". So I cancel out.

I can't link my sysNAND?? :wacko:

I used SSB 1201 on Sky3DS to update sysNAND to 9.2 from 4.x > 6.2 > 8.1 > 9.2. I made sysNAND backups along the way.

I started with 6.2.

emuNAND is on 9.7 via rxTools and GWEMUNAND format from Loader.dat.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just tried it. It still works. My Sysnand is on 9.2.
When I click on NNID-Settings in the Settings-app. The screen starts with "please wait" and starts with the explaination.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not updating my sysNAND. Fin.

If it wants to update firmware for NNID access, not happening.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care. You messed up somehow your Sysnand if you tried it on 9.2.0 already. It works and for OP this solution should work too.

Should I try restoring back to original 6.2 firmware? Or must I downgrade my browser using the .CIA?

You've got me hunting for a solution now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought