Hacking Question System running SXOS batteries died, updated to 8.1 got latest SX beta FW...won't completely boot

DictatorZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I already saught help from TX on this...and that was...slow to say the least, and still unresolved for something I assume is either an easy fix on my side of obviously something wrong with the beta sxos.

So my system had remained neglected for a time (I was having issues with corruption and games not working), which led to the batteries dying. While charging I downloaded the Bata SXOS boot file and updated my system once charged. I was able to get autoRCM back up, but now when I select to boot into the custom firmware the Nintendo logo pops for a moment and then I just get a black screen.

I was able to get atmosphere to boot, but still unable to get the latest SXOS up.

So I tried putting the software on a different MicroSD card, this one 32gb, which I formatted. it worked. So I did a deep format of the first SD card but still had issues.

I'm able to boot into SXOS without the license file, but once that is added (either from a backup or redownloaded) I have the problem that I originally described. I even went through the website to get the license file, same results.

Something in my license file is causing the issue it would appear.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issues like these with SX OS are often difficult to troubleshoot. If you cannot fix the problem, my recommendation is that you make the switch to Atmosphere.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS user here. This happened to me once. Let the battery charge directly connected to the switch for a couple of hours. Launched payload and it booted but I had to immediately plug in power and let it charge after it booted.

DictatorZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I managed to get it working on a 128gb MicroSD card. But if I take my 256gb card, that was working previously, format it and copy the files from the 128gb over it doesn't work...wtf?

TheyKilledKenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone have any idea or suggestions?
Since you come from an old version, if you have emunand enabled with an old version of SX, then maybe you need to do it again to let Sx boot.
It isn't for a file corruption problem, but for some strange compatibility problem between the first versions of emunand to the most recent.
I had emunand on files that started only with previous versions of SX and not with newer ones.
As soon as the emunand was redone, I had no more problems.

I hope this is your case.

Bye!

chiknchaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use ChoidujourNX to reinstall exfat support by downloading current firmware again choose exfat support during install it and make sure to grab a new boot.dat from sx os site and should work.

DictatorZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I think I resolved the issue.

It looks like it may have been an emuNAND problem (firmware mismatch). I just re-did making an emuNAND and works fine now.

Thanks TheyKilledKenny for the advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning