Hacking System options go back to default

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, ALMOST every time i do a soft reset with akaio 1.7.1 all my system options go back to default, even when i change the skin and it soft resets itself.
Am i the only one having this bug? I already formatted with panasonic sd formatter, also made a clean install but the problem persists.
It worked great with 1.6RC2

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
emigre said:
I haven't had any porblems liek that but I'm going to make an educated guess that the latest loader is meant to fix this problem by its description.

akaio loaders

I'm using the latest loaders
tongue.gif

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jul 19 2010, 07:02 PM) It's a known issue with some MicroSD cards where not all of the space has been allocated. You need to use Gparted to fix it http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Thanks i'm going to check it out

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
tk_saturn said:
It's a known issue with some MicroSD cards where not all of the space has been allocated. You need to use Gparted to fix it http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Ok, like you said, i had a bit of space that wasn't allocated so i made a new partition that would use all of the card space (with GParted). Then i formated it with the panasonic sd formatter. Downloaded akaio and the loaders again.. uploaded a random NDS file to the card.. set my preferences.. ran the file.. soft-reseted and boom, it was back at the default skin and with the default settings again
frown.gif

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
nikkopt said:
QUOTE said:
tk_saturn said:
It's a known issue with some MicroSD cards where not all of the space has been allocated. You need to use Gparted to fix it http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Ok, like you said, i had a bit of space that wasn't allocated so i made a new partition that would use all of the card space (with GParted). Then i formated it with the panasonic sd formatter. Downloaded akaio and the loaders again.. uploaded a random NDS file to the card.. set my preferences.. ran the file.. soft-reseted and boom, it was back at the default skin and with the default settings again
frown.gif

Your doing is totally wrong, you must not use any windows formatter after filled partition space with Gparted because it would allocate the space again. I suggest - SD formatter -> resize with Gparted.

If you used a little effort to search for this solution, you would know solution before asking.

nikkopt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tomrev said:
nikkopt said:
QUOTE said:
tk_saturn said:

frown.gif

Your doing is totally wrong, you must not use any windows formatter after filled partition space with Gparted because it would allocate the space again. I suggest - SD formatter -> resize with Gparted.

If you used a little effort to search for this solution, you would know solution before asking.

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the inconvenience.
I did that because the panasonic formatter only formats the partition, it doesn't re-size it afaik.. that's what gparted was meant to do. But of course, i can be totally wrong.
I will try and get back with the results..
PS: i did search.. not enough obviously

helix512

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have 2 that is doing this same thing. i have did the steps listed above and they still reset back to default with i do a saoftreset anyone have any other ideas i can try i am at my wits end here thanks

EDIT: just a quick note this is ONLY happening on my 2 DSLite's my DSi and DSiXL work fine with 1.7.1 same setup on all 4

Ythan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.shroomery.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem; for me it happens on a DSi. The microsd card is definitely partitioned and formatted correctly, although I've tried pretty much every combination of gparted, Panasonic formatter, and Windows disk management, along with different cluster sizes. As far as I can tell it only happens when games create or modify a save file, and only then if your card is relatively full. For instance, if you only have a single ROM, it probably won't happen. I tried to track it down by copying small batches of ROMs to the card and testing each time, but then it worked fine, even after all my ROMs were transferred. Some days later it stopped working again after I deleted one ROM from the card and replaced it with another. There's clearly something bugged with the current version of AKAIO and under certain circumstances none of the accepted fixes work. I'm back on 1.5.1 for now and thinking about just getting a different flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on