Hacking System menu themes

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to find a site or information on loading custom system menu themes onto my Wii. Is there a forum or area dedicated to this endeavor?

Basically just want to see what all is available. I managed to find a few here by searching, but I didn't care for them so much. I'm not asking for links to wads, just information on them.

Thanks for any help
smile.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WADder's wiki has everything you need:

The Mym Repository has a large collection of themes in the .mym format
MyMenu guide tells you how to extract your .app file and pack it into a .csm to install
MyMenuify is the HBC app to install it.

It's not as complicated as it sounds. Use brick protection. You can find more themes on a handful of other sites, so check Google if the ones on WADder don't tickle your fancy.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Black_Knight_666 said:
I dont really see the need for themes
smile.gif
I prefer the normal wii theme
smile.gif
Mainly because i screwed up the last time
tongue.gif
Themes look nice, but packing them takes some knowhow and they are rather easy to botch. MyMenuify is probably responsible for many users' first system menu bricks, which require a clean .app install from MyMenuify, a system menu reinstall, or a Bootmii rollback. Take a look over the themes and make sure it's something you want to do.

I've bricked about 30 times, but I would count my theme as one of my favorite customizations for my Wii.

Black_Knight_666

Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
Black_Knight_666 said:
I dont really see the need for themes
smile.gif
I prefer the normal wii theme
smile.gif
Mainly because i screwed up the last time
tongue.gif
Themes look nice, but packing them takes some knowhow and they are rather easy to botch. MyMenuify is probably responsible for many users' first system menu bricks, which require a clean .app install from MyMenuify, a system menu reinstall, or a Bootmii rollback. Take a look over the themes and make sure it's something you want to do.

I've bricked about 30 times, but I would count my theme as one of my favorite customizations for my Wii.

30 times? Thats dedication for u ha ha!

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Black_Knight_666 said:
30 times? Thats dedication for u ha ha!
That's counting banner bricks from making wads, which only takes an extra minute to reverse, but not counting corruption errors, which you can intentionally get fifty times in a row if you want. System Menu bricks, probably only about 10. Thankfully no low-level bricks yet, although that usually occurs when uninstalling key IOSes and requires a truly epic amount of ignorance to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey