Not open for further replies.

yakboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy claims that his system menu patcher will do 6x speed. He just told me that he would like to work with someone to make this a permanent patch. Have a look at his video.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlIsr5bmYWY&feature=related

If this is true and he works with RiskiiMod then we are talking.

I definitely don't take any responsibility if your wii is bricked from this, because I have not even tested it.

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?igiwfb2ctvi

Has anyone tested this to see if this is really x6 speed? If you have CIOS installed and run this patch will it still work?

zicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this looks really promising.. i think i'll wait till someone else has confirmed it though as i worried enough about bricking my wii doing the gamma loader (although that went in fine with no troubles on my own wii)

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is over a month old.
Where's the proof it's running at 6x ?

For all we know he inserted a retail disc, as we didn't see it.
(Or he might have shown it the end which I didn't bother to watch)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought Call of Duty is a game which would benefit from 6x loading, but the video shows Mario Kart, which runs lag free since the beta cIOS. The video could be faked, as you only get the Wii video output and can't see if a original is inserted, but with Mario Kart you just can't prove anything.

About the release:
It's a wad, and if it's the same as the one in the video, the guy has some legality issues. The graphics might be stolen from another channel, and if his patcher is based on a open source patcher, this release is a GPL violation.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
I'd say that this is just a 249 reloader
All the guy does is get a disc to show up in the disc channel and play after rebooting
This is not exactly a new phenomenon

I agree with WiiPower about CoD being a better test and that will be why he doesn't load CoD in the video

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I scanned the contents of the WAD due to popular request.

The banner is in fact ours, and will not brick you. As for the application itself, I'm not bothering with it since I have no use for it.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
@yakboy - Not sure why you say the guy "claims that his system menu patcher will do 6x speed"... couldn't find it in the Youtube comments and he only says that the video's do not lag in his Youtube clip... Videos haven't lagged since the last cIOS release.

BTW if anyone DOES want to play with the dol, it's here crappyrebooter.dol

yakboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
Is there a way to unpack this wad to a boot.dol and run it through HBC, or does that negate the point here?

Yes, you can use the wad unpacker that comes with Wadder to extract the WAD. Once extracted rename 000001.app to boot.dol and you are set.

yakboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
@yakboy - Not sure why you say the guy "claims that his system menu patcher will do 6x speed"... couldn't find it in the Youtube comments and he only says that the video's do not lag in his Youtube clip... Videos haven't lagged since the last cIOS release.

That's what I want to know does no lag = x6 speed. Why else would he say that since loaders have been around for some time now. If some one can just test and see if this is x6 or not would be great!!! Otherwise if I get time after work today then I will test the WAD my self.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
yakboy said:
fishears said:

That's what I want to know does no lag = x6 speed. Why else would he say that since loaders have been around for some time now. If some one can just test and see if this is x6 or not would be great!!! Otherwise if I get time after work today then I will test the WAD my self.

a) it's OLD, over a month old
b) HE doesn't claim it does 6x

You're chasing smoke here, yakboy, it's just an IOS 249 rebooter like we've all seen and used before....

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the app is not even his creation, it is Waninkoko's MenuPatcher, don't you all know that the only places to find apps for backups is here and teknoconsolas, other places don't even know how this tools work, stop wasting your time bringing videos or apps that you think it'll give the glory of say ".....thank you for the video, now I have my backups working like if they were legit copies", it is not going to happen, 6X is only for legit copies and not even all ModChips (the DKey or something is 3X reading), soft mod will never ever ever ever (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Yup, I'm just doing the test. If somebody said how high they were as in height...