Hacking System Menu Freezes, HBC blackscreens

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii has been softmodded for 5 years and I've never had any trouble with it before.

Been able to troubleshoot any problem, including bricks.

I didn't install/change anything, one day it just started doing this.

The system menu boots, makes the chimey jingle sound, then freezes with a loud buzzing sound.

Is there a dol I can run from SD or something, to maybe try restoring cIOS packages to their defaults?

The only screen I can get to work is the BootMii screen...

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update: girlfriend said she came home and wii was on the wad installer screen... don't remember installing anything but maybe i was nodding off. could very well be it.

don't have my nand backup...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
woa.. maybe she or someone accidentally pressed keys...

can you reach priiloader? and open homebrew channel? if you can put homebrew channel to work you can try to install the wads again

edit: if you can, please use syscheck http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149

and post here the results (it will create a file on sd card)

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woa.. maybe she or someone accidentally pressed keys...

can you reach priiloader? and open homebrew channel? if you can put homebrew channel to work you can try to install the wads again

It boots to Priiloader, but HBC doesn't load. The Wii power light stays on, but the Wiimote disconnects immediately, and I think it stops sending a video feed to the tv as well!

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It boots to Priiloader, but HBC doesn't load. The Wii power light stays on, but the Wiimote disconnects immediately, and I think it stops sending a video feed to the tv as well!

on priiloader there is "laod\install file" use that to launch syscheck (put syscheck on the sd card)

check if it boots..

do you remember the system version and region the wii had?

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on priiloader there is "laod\install file" use that to launch syscheck (put syscheck on the sd card)

check if it boots..

do you remember the system version and region the wii had?

I think it was 4.2U. Syscheck doesn't work (just says "failed to load!", doesn't really seem to try loading it either, error returns pretty much immediately)

I think it seems like it's toast. Time to get a WiiU, I guess! Thanks for trying to help, though. I've been a lurker here for years, never posted though. This is like the best forum.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I think it was 4.2U. Syscheck doesn't work (just says "failed to load!", doesn't really seem to try loading it either, error returns pretty much immediately)

I think it seems like it's toast. Time to get a WiiU, I guess! Thanks for trying to help, though. I've been a lurker here for years, never posted though. This is like the best forum.

well, try to launch http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/homebrew/download-multi-mod-manager-134-f13015.html
multimod manager (its the best wad installer IMO), or another wad installer

if you can make a wad installer work, you can install the IOS again and probably fix it. give it a try!

if you manage to get a wad installer to work. i would love to help...

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The weird thing is, the screen that the Wii boots to before loading the system menu, the one that says press the A button, that works fine. And when the system menu boots, before it freezes, all my content is there, and the wii mote works for a second. It seems like it has to be that I accidentally overwrote some ios the system menu needs.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The weird thing is, the screen that the Wii boots to before loading the system menu, the one that says press the A button, that works fine. And when the system menu boots, before it freezes, all my content is there, and the wii mote works for a second. It seems like it has to be that I accidentally overwrote some ios the system menu needs.
in multimod manager you can switch the cIOS that is loaded. but i dont think it will help...

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there something i have to do to the file structure of a dol on the sd card to get it to boot from priiloader? could that be the problem? i've never had to load anything through priiloader, so it could be something preliminary I'm missing?

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
is there something i have to do to the file structure of a dol on the sd card to get it to boot from priiloader? could that be the problem? i've never had to load anything through priiloader, so it could be something preliminary I'm missing?

nope you just have to put it in the same folder as others. you can also try with a 2gb or less sd card but i dont think it will help...

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope you just have to put it in the same folder as others. you can also try with a 2gb or less sd card but i dont think it will help...

Yeah, it's not actually a big deal. The worst part of it is that my girlfriend was playing Chrono Trigger, and her save file is gone now. She was at the end of the game, too.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah, it's not actually a big deal. The worst part of it is that my girlfriend was playing Chrono Trigger, and her save file is gone now. She was at the end of the game, too.
maybe someone else can help you, but i think you should get the wii u then :/ softmod it then it will be the same :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1