Hacking System menu files corrupted, no preloader, solution? :(

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, although I looked it up and can't find a solution, so wondering if anyone could help, this is the problem:

I boot up the wii like always and press the A on the wiimote, but then a screen with a message "Files are corrupted" appears and can't access the Wii menu. I dunno if I installed the preloader, tried to hold reset while turning the wii on but I can't access it, I'm currently using v4.0, I just want to access the HBC but I can't seem to find a way around, are there any solutions for this?

I really need access to the HBC so I can access the WADManager to fix my Wii and restore the system menu.

Please help~
frown.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you do just before getting this problem? It sounds like you have a banner brick.

Do you have BootMii-IOS installed as well as the patched IOS60? If you do, you can use the SaveMiifree method to autoboot a disc that will launch BootMii-IOS and access the HBC from there.

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed both a "Wii backup loader" and "Backup gamecube loader" sadly I didnt install a bootmii x-x;, so there's no way to access the HBC if I had some files on an SD card that would autoboot it?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you patched IOS60 to run installed VC/WiiWare from the SD Menu then you could autoboot a Wad Manager disc the same way. If not, you're probably out of luck.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can autoboot discs by holding down all four directions on the D-Pad of a GCN controller in the 4th controller slot... but to do that you have to open up the GCN pad and take out a bit of plastic that keeps you from pressing all four buttons. Or you could use a GCN dance pad if you have one of those...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, you might, actually. I just remembered that the autobooting thing still wouldn't work without the hack to disable the diagnostic disc check.

So yeah, you would need a chip.

PTKnight13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to ask Tichinde, but would you mind guiding me? Even though I know I should google, I don't wanna mess up things more than I already have >.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so this just happened by patching ios60? seems quite dangerous, quite a few ppl are in your predicament today..

for others reading this: get bootmii installed before you do anything!
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patching IOS60 wasn't the cause, his problem seems to be from a bad banner since it crashes after the health screen. If IOS60 were toast then he wouldn't even get that far.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CIOSCORP cant save you now since you get that message.

Only solution: Get a modchip.

With this modchip, autoboot a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

(I say this and not an autobootable copy of any homebrew app as his Wii is 4.0 and the trucha bug might have already been patched)

Wait for Comex to release his Brawl Inject App that will allow you to run homebrew code from the game.

The app you will want to run depends on what exactly you did to cause your screen to say that message.

DO NOT UNINSTALL ANY IOS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters