System Menu Corrupt?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by timishu, Oct 18, 2009.

Oct 18, 2009

System Menu Corrupt? by timishu at 3:20 PM (903 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently installed a few animated channels all using Wad Manager 1.5, IOS249, with NAND Emulation disabled. Although all of them appear on the system menu, and work correctly, I am constantly get one of two errors:

1. I'll be cycling through the channels - plus and minus on WiiMote - and the screen will go black, displaying that 'System Files are Corrupt, Refer to Manual'. But when I reboot system menu loads fine until I cycle through channels again.

2. Or, I'll be cycling through channels and on one of the banners, but the WiiMote and screen will freeze, no black screen.

So what's going on? Bad .wad files? Bad install? This is the first time I have ever used Wad Manager 1.5 with cIOSrev14. I used to only use Wad Manager 1.3 with cIOSrev4, and I never got any of these errors.

2. TheNewbPleaser

Member TheNewbPleaser GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica

I have the same error just with a Wad Manager Channel and only occurs when i cycle the channels with the wii mote it stopped when i put the channel on the last slot of a page dunno but it worked 4 me since it was 1 channel

3. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    it means the channel/s you installed are BAD, if i was you i would get a proper channel from a proper source(wadder.net), not places like wiih*cks and what not

just remove the channel/s with wadmanager again but press left or right to select unistall

4. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Actually, this can happen with any unofficial channels and a few of the official ones - you can get this error just by cycling too quickly past channels which use a large sound file or which buffer a large amount of pictures/data to display. On mine, my MPlayer CE and VBAGX channels are common culprits.

Note that this can happen with good channels - you can get a system menu corrupted message by cycling back and forth between the Nintendo Channel and Weather channel.

The error doesn't cause any lasting problems. Just slow down when clicking around, or just dont' "surf" channels, and it won't happen again.

5. timishu
    OP

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States

Every channel I installed was downloaded from users on gbatemp.net....

6. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your wii and channels are just fine. Its a common problem with animated channels. I think the Wad Manager with the ambient sound effects and the flashy graphics is the likely culprit for you. But just stop surfing channels and you will have no problems.