System lock-up.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by GeekyGuy, Nov 24, 2007.

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    My wife was trying to play Wii Sports; she selected it from the Wii Menu; then the screen that shows you how to connect your nunchuk to the Wii remote came up; then the system locked up. It said, "Please eject disc and shut off power." I was able to eject the disc, but unable to turn off the power. I had to unplug the Wii from the socket.

Anyone had a similar experience? Bear in mind, we have no mod in our Wii. It's merely a new, retail system. [​IMG]

Thanks

2. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    Mine's crashed a couple of times, I don't worry about it. Hell, my iPod even crashed a few times. All you need to remember is that, it is a computer so it can and probably will crash from time to time.

3. paul1991

paul1991 Banned

Banned
    May 5, 2007
    United States
    One time my wii was about 100 degress F. It would not turn on. I put in a disc, it accepted it and stayed off. I had to let it cool down before it would power on again.

4. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I've had it , new wii (unmodded) put in mario galaxy went to boot and got that screen. Mine turned off fine though , didn't have to unplug. Wouldn't worry bout it , if it's not modded it's under warranty anyway. From looking around , would seem everyone has had that error at some point or other.

5. TGBoy

TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2006
    Not so distant future
    Same here .. I have had tat error quite a few times. Had to unplug. Dont think its anything serious.

6. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    My Dreamcast and none of my Nintendo consoles before the Wii have ever crashed, even when they where left on for hours.