System lock-up.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by GeekyGuy, Nov 24, 2007.

Nov 24, 2007

System lock-up. by GeekyGuy at 8:16 PM (854 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    My wife was trying to play Wii Sports; she selected it from the Wii Menu; then the screen that shows you how to connect your nunchuk to the Wii remote came up; then the system locked up. It said, "Please eject disc and shut off power." I was able to eject the disc, but unable to turn off the power. I had to unplug the Wii from the socket.

Anyone had a similar experience? Bear in mind, we have no mod in our Wii. It's merely a new, retail system. [​IMG]

Thanks

2. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Mine's crashed a couple of times, I don't worry about it. Hell, my iPod even crashed a few times. All you need to remember is that, it is a computer so it can and probably will crash from time to time.

3. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    One time my wii was about 100 degress F. It would not turn on. I put in a disc, it accepted it and stayed off. I had to let it cool down before it would power on again.

4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've had it , new wii (unmodded) put in mario galaxy went to boot and got that screen. Mine turned off fine though , didn't have to unplug. Wouldn't worry bout it , if it's not modded it's under warranty anyway. From looking around , would seem everyone has had that error at some point or other.

5. TGBoy

Member TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

Kuwait
    Same here .. I have had tat error quite a few times. Had to unplug. Dont think its anything serious.

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    My Dreamcast and none of my Nintendo consoles before the Wii have ever crashed, even when they where left on for hours.