System format my 3ds with a9lh installed, open FBI in H&S app results in black screen.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by unluckyone, May 21, 2016.

1. unluckyone
    OP

unluckyone Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    Senegal
    Hi everyone,
    I screwed up big time. I was trying to unlink my NNID so i decided to system format my n3ds. My n3ds has a9lh installed with latest system firmware (11.0) and after i formatted it, now the FBI h&s app don't work. It will just show a black screen when i opened it. I have no idea how to install CIA. Decrypt9 is still working so i tried to do a sysnand restore to sysnand-a9lh backup but it still doesn't work.
    I think I need to find a way to "repair" my h&S app so i can use it to install HBL and other CIA files. I don't have the original hs.app anymore. What should i do?

Update1: I recall reading somewhere that doing a system update can get the h&s.app back to original one so I tried but still no way of accessing the FBI.

2. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Sigh, why do people not follow the guide to the dot? You should have already de-linked your NNID during the guide.

Can't you just re inject the FBI.app from Decrypt9?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
    Step 10, hold Start on boot to launch Decrypt9 and inject Health & Safety. I assume you still have your FBI_inject_with_banner.app, I'm not sure if other people's file will work for you.

Last edited by justln, May 21, 2016
  3. unluckyone
    OP

unluckyone Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    Senegal
    Hi Justin, i'm so glad someone replied. No, i dont have my FBI_inject_with_banner.app. Is it possible if i do a h&s dump then inject it with fbi.cia to make a new FBI_inject_with_banner.app?

4. unluckyone
    OP

unluckyone Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2016
    Senegal
    Solved. Can this thread be closed? Thank you justin for the advice.