System format in order to delete upadate nag and emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Alessandro98, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Alessandro98
    OP

Alessandro98 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Italy
    Hi, I am experiencing the annoying update nag on system nand 4.5, and I've read I can get rid of it by formatting the system nand through settings, does this affect emunand and saves in the 3ds sd card in any way? Will I be able to keep on using my old emunand (the one I am using right now)? The only thing I will lose will be stuff like diary saves, won't I?
    Thanks a lot in advance
    Best regards

PS: excuse me for my bad english, please let me know if I did mistakes

2. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Use emunand tool to copy your emunand to your computer, then copy all the contents of your SD to your computer.

Format 3ds

Copy everything back onto sd. (Emunand with emunand tool and the rest just drag and drop)

Although maybe you can just remove the SD and format without it then reinsert and done

3. Alessandro98
    OP

Alessandro98 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2014
    Italy
    I would really prefer to follow your last suggestion, which is way less annoying, can someone else confirm that it works?

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    yeah just format in sysnand, and you will get rid of the promt, you can remove the SD card while doing so if your worried about something being deleted

and yeah your existing emunand will still work fine