system files corrupted

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thomas83lin0LD, May 25, 2008.

May 25, 2008
  1. thomas83lin0LD
    OP

Newcomer thomas83lin0LD Member

United States
    i have the fceu channel installed, it works great, but when i have to many roms in the rom folder, when i try to load it likes 2 lock up resulting in a code dump, well anyways after one of these code dumps i reloaded the wii getting a system files are corrupted, so i was wondering what is the story on these code dumps can they be harmful, plus after restarted my wii it was fine,

these was not a result of deleteing wads from data managment either

2. hippyharry

Member hippyharry GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i had this pop up on me today. Installed the homebrew channel and had been trying out some of the homebrew applications.

Then i installed the POP wad and after i tried to start it up, i also got the corrupt message. Restarted the wii, and i tried POP again. It worked, but was a bit unsure as to what actually brought this on....

3. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    What happens is that the system files are modified by apps that the Wii isn't designed for.
    When the Wii detects that the files have been modified, if displays that message. Once restarted, it checks it self, and sees nothing bad, so it let's you use it like normal.

Hmmm, I'm no good at explaining things, hope someone does understand xD

4. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Seems like a fine explanation to me. I'm surprised the error message hasn't been seen with other applications before either.