System files are corrupted!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cardyology, Jul 1, 2007.

Jul 1, 2007
  1. cardyology
    OP

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Ok, so i talked about my video burn out problems here

I figured that the speckles on the screen werent too bad so I stuck with em, now after playing Wii sports (original Pal in Pal 2.2e console) I returned to the wii menu and now, I get the message "the system files are corrupted. Please refer to the manual" every time I reset.

I've tried unplugging etc and remopving my Wiikey (I installed it externally) none have worked.

Sooo... Im gonna have to call nintendo, I just wondered if there was any other way to fix this.

I played pokemon battle revolution just befor wii sports and its an NTSC relese. It asked for update, but Im already on 2.2E so it shouldnt have mattered, should it?

SHould I have uysed the blocker? Maybe thats why its corrupted??
    Wii sports played fine after pokemon. I was under the impression that if you update to wrong region F/W it bricks instantly???

I guess, if I remove the wires from my extrenal install, and replace the case, I'll be ok sending to them. ANyone disagree??

CHeers Guys,

2. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    OK, I think I know what to do. Im gonna buy a new wii.

So, if I do, I'll have 2, one with "burned-out" vid card & corrupted system files and one brand new. Anyone know what bit of the hardware it is thats corrupted when that message is displayed?? Like, is it the Mainboard, DVD drive???

Cos i think if the old, wiikeyed DVD drive is ok (if its not the bit thats corrupted), im gonna switch the new DVD drive with the old, chipped DVD drive and switch the cases, then send nintendo my old wii, with new, untouched DVD drive & case but "burned out" video card and corrupted system files.

Then, when I get my replacement wii under warranty, sell it!

anyone care to comment? Im still looking for a spare original wii case too if possible. So yeah, if anyone can hook me up that'd be great.

Thanks.

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    did you try to format the memory of the Wii?

4. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Is that possible?? I'd love to try it!! how do i do it.

I looked online for a "rescue disc" type thing.

5. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/data.jsp#format
    is this what you're looking for? [​IMG]

6. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    OK, I looked on nintendos site & found how to format the wiis system memory.

I wanna give this a try but i cant get to the settings! when I boot my wii, i get to the main menu (channels) for about one second before I get the dreaded "system memory is corrupted. Please see opertaions manual" so Icant get to the settings.

Is there another way to do this>?

7. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    i've heard of setup disc but i have no idea where you can find one, lol have you tried as fast as you can to get to the settings or does the error message apear almost instantly before you can do anything?

oh and btw when you played pokemon battle revolution before you burned it did you remove the update first, or did you burn it just as it is?

8. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've tried to boot a game as fast as possible. no time, the error screen comes straight away.

I didnt use brickblocker on pokemon. Just extracted & burned it however many people who commented on the torrent did too, with Pal 2.2e consoles & it worked. No bricks.

Maybe its cos i used pokemon but I thought it'd brick it instantly. Like I said, I played Wii sports after running pokemon. [​IMG]

9. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    that why you have corrupt system error, ALWAYS use the wii brick blocker to remove the update so you don't ever have the problem of your wii bricking! that's what i will be doing myself, if a american game don't work without the brick blocker patching i won't play that game full stop!

10. Shelleeson

United Kingdom
    i just saw this on another board which may help in the process cause it looks like it will need to be sent back. from what i've read so far it ain't looking good.
    if you have any VC games this will be of help but unfortunately i think everything else is lost. i'll keep looking though. [​IMG]

11. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Im not too bothered about loosing my stuff. Not started RE4 yet thank god [​IMG]

I just want a wii that works!!

I think my "buy a new console form gamestation, swap the drives/case for the old one, send the corrupt one back & sell the replacement in 4 weeks to recoup my money spent on the new one.." method is the best option so far. [​IMG]

12. Shelleeson

United Kingdom
  13. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    i think that is the only best option for you right now, i hope you remember what i said for future games, good luck to you.

14. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks man, I did come across that forum when searching for a solution.

That is EXACTLY the same as mine. Wii sports caused it, therefore, I dont think the NTSC pokemon is to blame.

Everyone in that thread says its gotta go back to ninty. One guy says he fixed it himself by resetting loads. Tried that. About 100 times. Dosnt work.

15. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    loooooooool i hope that dosn't happen to my console when i mod it *touches wood* btw, what does your serial number begin with? is it LEH 102XXXXX ? it should be on the bottom of the console...

16. Shelleeson

United Kingdom
  17. cardyology
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok, so I spoke to nintendo. They said to send it back to Hampshire in the UK.

Im gonna buy a new one tomorrow and switch the drives. Then send the old one with the new drive back.

Told em I'd not modded it but I'd opened the case to change it for a chrome one. They said to put the original case back on.

I'll let you knwo how it goes.