Hacking "System files are corrupted" appears very often?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting this problem recently where the message "System files are corrupted" comes up when I power it on. I used to get it every once in a while randomly, but now its very common, I just tried 6 times in a row and its the same thing, it goes back eventually. I have not done any hacking recently when this started, I had the USB loader installed months ago it was the last thing I did and no problems. No recent updates installed from games or anything. My brother has been playing MH3 like a madman 8 hours a day on the Wii this past week. Since school is out, I don't know if hes just running it too much, I don't know why it would cause this message to come up, but its the only thing unusual going on my with my Wii recently.

I only have bootmii installed as a super back up. Maybe I should install preloader too (so I can get into homebrew channel anytime right, this would let me get in and fix it even if I was getting this message). Anyone know what this is or gotten it before and know what to do?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: when I use + and - at the same time when booting I get into maintenance mode no problems and the system menu comes right up, guess its not really a problem with those files.

Anyone got any suggestions? Reinstall 4.2U fresh...? Can I do that? I don't want to update to 4.3U, but I want a fresh clean install. I'm guessing that might help. (Though I would have to install all trucha signed IOSes again for the loaders??)

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem when i was on 4.1 pretty often. i went to 4.2 n all was fine, but i dont think that was specifically the problem, like riley said tho reinstall SM and it should be fine. Im not sure if its a bad channel or bad ios or what

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blazingwolf said:
Note: when I use + and - at the same time when booting I get into maintenance mode no problems and the system menu comes right up, guess its not really a problem with those files.

Anyone got any suggestions? Reinstall 4.2U fresh...? Can I do that? I don't want to update to 4.3U, but I want a fresh clean install. I'm guessing that might help. (Though I would have to install all trucha signed IOSes again for the loaders??)
Delete some of your messages on your Wii Message Board. You may have a Mail Brick.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used MMM (Multi Mod Manager) to reinstall IOS70 (system menu ios), there was an update to update to system menu 4.2U but I don't know if it will update everything else and all the IOSes so I decided to reinstall IOS70 instead, will that work?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blazingwolf said:
I used MMM (Multi Mod Manager) to reinstall IOS70 (system menu ios), there was an update to update to system menu 4.2U but I don't know if it will update everything else and all the IOSes so I decided to reinstall IOS70 instead, will that work?
Assuming your already on 4.2, it won't change anything. I strongly suggest you try to delete some messages on your Wii Message Board. You can boot to maintenance mode, which doesn't access the Wii Message Board just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.