Hacking System config tool

bitzthatbyte

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you need a certain version but please don't...

Use wup installer gx2
If you use Mocha or cbhc cfw region free is already patched

I use mocha but not cbhc, everything is installed whilst in sysnand on USB not rednand. I do have a rednand installation which I only have sys config tool installed.

Q1
I read somewhere that sys config tool will allow you to run the titles that do not appear after hitting the 300 limit....is this true?

Q2
If yes to the above, I'd like to have it on sysnand so I don't have to boot into rednand first. (I believe I have obtained the safely packed version for sysnand). I will only ever use the title launcher within the tool to launch the non visable titles....... is this safe or do you advise against it?

And many thanks for your help/advice

Reactions: TonyNESgri

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use mocha but not cbhc, everything is installed whilst in sysnand on USB not rednand. I do have a rednand installation which I only have sys config tool installed.

Q1
I read somewhere that sys config tool will allow you to run the titles that do not appear after hitting the 300 limit....is this true?

Q2
If yes to the above, I'd like to have it on sysnand so I don't have to boot into rednand first. (I believe I have obtained the safely packed version for sysnand). I will only ever use the title launcher within the tool to launch the non visable titles....... is this safe or do you advise against it?

And many thanks for your help/advice
Q1. I don't know and don't care as hitting the 300 title limit on the wii u means your a hoarder. (only 50 good games for wii u)

Q2. Unsure

Reactions: DeadlyFoez

systemconfigtoolcorrector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Keylogger yes you can, just when repacking you set the group ID and Title ID to not install as a system title but rather a regular title so it'll act as a normal pirated game :P
(Punderino has a build up on some WiiU ISO site)
In Cafe sdk be sure to set Xml data for both meta and code
(Not sure how that homebrew one works never packed with it)

Edit: I really need to dates
But still point is valid @steveja82

Last edited by systemconfigtoolcorrector,
Reactions: bitzthatbyte

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Ask Punderino nicely and he might give you a link to a place where you can download the patched version. I installed it to my SysNAND purely to check whether RegionHax worked and it didn't brick.

D

Deleted User

Ask Punderino nicely and he might give you a link to a place where you can download the patched version. I installed it to my SysNAND purely to check whether RegionHax worked and it didn't brick.
pund-eh? Is he even active anymore?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did the same. I also installed all of my games and backed up all saves with it on sysNAND. no bricks or problems. from what I recall, @punderino said it was only four bytes that had to be changed.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
An alternative download (with a custom icon, but equally working) is available at a certain turbo site by searching "system config tool banners"

Worth mentioning again that (outside of the undeniable cool factor) pretty much every feature of this app can be done in alternate ways

D

Deleted User

An alternative download (with a custom icon, but equally working) is available at a certain turbo site by searching "system config tool banners"

Worth mentioning again that (outside of the undeniable cool factor) pretty much every feature of this app can be done in alternate ways
Expect for 300+ title launching. [Only SysConfigTool can do that for now..]

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, one of the issues I have with tool despite using it a lot is that u can't inject saves. according to the documentation, which shows an earlier version, it should have an option for "target device" to inject saves with but it's missing in the version we have.

D

Deleted User

yes, one of the issues I have with tool despite using it a lot is that u can't inject saves. according to the documentation, which shows an earlier version, it should have an option for "target device" to inject saves with but it's missing in the version we have.
You can code it yourself if you really want it?
But eh, doesn't SaveMii allow to inject saves from Wii U?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that could be a problem as I'm cbhc and mocha on there, afaik, only runs redNAND. I got a black screen if I didn't change the config file to boot redNAND instead. it works perfectly there though.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
I did the same. I also installed all of my games and backed up all saves with it on sysNAND. no bricks or problems. from what I recall, @punderino said it was only four bytes that had to be changed.
Yeah, it's an ID that states what kind of title it is.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."