Hacking System asking for game update even without Internet connection

katosix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am running a hacked Switch with 6.2.0 ReiNX.
Whenever I try to run a game (DK Tropical Freeze for instance), system is asking for a game update although I deactivated Internet connection (english message is "A new update is available" but in my language it says "An update is available for this software").
If I push "Start Game", everthing is fine but it is a bit annoying to always get this message everytime I run a game.

Is it safe to activate Internet connection and update game then shut down Internet again ?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So I should manually download the latest nsp update for my games to get rid of this message ?
You can also launch maintance mode by holding - and + while booting your switch...And then just reboot into your cfw, it will get rid of all the update "notifications". But they will reappear anyway as soon as you connect to a wifi (unless you use 90dns, in which case they wont appear since it blocks nindendo stuff). But yeah..you can also just find the latest update and install it as well.

Last edited by bad361,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can also launch maintance mode by holding - and + while booting your switch...And then just reboot into your cfw, it will get rid of all the update "notifications".
He said he got update notifications without connecting to the internet, so maintenance mode + CFW won’t work. Afaik the firmware itself dictates if an update for a game is available by checking an offline database that is included in the firmware.

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantience mode only clears out system updates afaik, not games. Considering that my system has never touched Nintendo servers, I'm going to go with the offline database idea but im not sure

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I have the same issue.
Running on 6.2.0 (Atmosphere CFW) in airplane mode.
Every games is telling me there is an update while most of them don't have an update nsp.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I am running a hacked Switch with 6.2.0 ReiNX.
Whenever I try to run a game (DK Tropical Freeze for instance), system is asking for a game update although I deactivated Internet connection (english message is "A new update is available" but in my language it says "An update is available for this software").
If I push "Start Game", everthing is fine but it is a bit annoying to always get this message everytime I run a game.

Is it safe to activate Internet connection and update game then shut down Internet again ?
why disable internet connection to start with? It will delay the ban, but not stop the ban, you broke the tos, and if you don't want to get banned, you shouldn't had hacked it to start with

sergux

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I have The same trouble Im on 6.2 and every game updated but he console shows "an update is avaiable" is there a way to remove this?

katosix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why disable internet connection to start with? It will delay the ban, but not stop the ban, you broke the tos, and if you don't want to get banned, you shouldn't had hacked it to start with
I heard you can restore your unaltered NAND and then go online safely ? Is it wrong ?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Today my Japanese Switch (6.2.0) was even telling that there was a system update ready to be installed. :blink:
I rebooted into the recovery mode (press both + and - volume buttons) and powered off the Switch again.
After rebooting all the nags about the updates for all games were also gone.
I don't know if it works permanently.

rrdein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to resurrect the dead here but I get this with every game I install. I'm on the latest version of Atmosphere.

Nobody knows why this happens? If I have 90DNS is there any way for me to accidentally accept one of these updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s