Hacking SYSconfigTool: ...on rednand? incomplete wud?....

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Helllll-o
With sys config tool, can i install wud in rednand or will it force it to sysnand?

Those SysConfigTool do a better job then WupInstaller for installing wud or will it be the same? Can it install incompleted wud?

if not, is there an app like WUPinstaller, but able to install incompleted wud?

Thanks!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Helllll-o
With sys config tool, can i install wud in rednand or will it force it to sysnand?

Those SysConfigTool do a better job then WupInstaller for installing wud or will it be the same? Can it install incompleted wud?

Thanks!
There is nothing that will install an incomplete game and why on earth would you want to in the first place.

D

Deleted User

There is nothing that will install an incomplete game and why on earth would you want to in the first place.
He/She is creating custom Wii U menu themes so that should answer it.

To that, SysConfigTool can't escape redNAND so you're 100% safe. The best option would be to just try it. SysConfigTool might install .wud images

Reactions: puss2puss

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

To that, SysConfigTool can't escape redNAND so you're 100% safe. The best option would be to just try it. SysConfigTool might install .wud images
Helllll-o

Thanks!
SCT does not install wud images. You still need to use the newer version of DiscU to extract the app, h3, tmd, tik, and cert files. There are also settings that everyday users should beware, as they can cause bricks. So it is not recommended to use the tool. If you aren't stupid, go for it. There is even a version for Sysnand (although still requires sigpatches to launch).

That said, it does not have any additional features such as extraction of corrupt or incomplete packages. They must still pass security tests if you do not have sig patches. With sigpatches, the security checks are bypassed but file integrity is still "checked" during installation since it will run into a problem extracting, and then will do a roll back and delete what it did install.

This could likely be patched using mocha (not actually sure if this is a SCT thing or MCP) but it would need to be added and would do the same thing cdecrypt does with incomplete packages, run til it hits the dead spot. It might be worth noting you can replace content files using FTPiiU Everywhere without issue. However, be warned, if you replace content of something in a System Title and it does not work, you will brick yourself or have problems recovering.

Be safe and just stick to wup installer. There is no need for an incomplete wud when you can repack one with NUSPacker by @timogus. If using nuspacker to install file modifications, you may need to fix the tmd, fst (code folder in general may need fixed/replaced with originals) and tik files , so be sure to back them all up for the title in question with ftpiiu everywhere.

Good luck with whatever you're doing, dont brick yourself. Try everything in rN first.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice, thanks for confirming :)

SCT does not install wud images. You still need to use the newer version of DiscU to extract the app, h3, tmd, tik, and cert files. There are also settings that everyday users should beware, as they can cause bricks. So it is not recommended to use the tool. If you aren't stupid, go for it. There is even a version for Sysnand (although still requires sigpatches to launch).

That said, it does not have any additional features such as extraction of corrupt or incomplete packages. They must still pass security tests if you do not have sig patches. With sigpatches, the security checks are bypassed but file integrity is still "checked" during installation since it will run into a problem extracting, and then will do a roll back and delete what it did install.

This could likely be patched using mocha (not actually sure if this is a SCT thing or MCP) but it would need to be added and would do the same thing cdecrypt does with incomplete packages, run til it hits the dead spot. It might be worth noting you can replace content files using FTPiiU Everywhere without issue. However, be warned, if you replace content of something in a System Title and it does not work, you will brick yourself or have problems recovering.

Be safe and just stick to wup installer. There is no need for an incomplete wud when you can repack one with NUSPacker by @timogus. If using nuspacker to install file modifications, you may need to fix the tmd, fst (code folder in general may need fixed/replaced with originals) and tik files , so be sure to back them all up for the title in question with ftpiiu everywhere.

Good luck with whatever you're doing, dont brick yourself. Try everything in rN first.
thabks for the reply!
Yah i use nuspacker already and i use other tools to decrypt them and other tools to edit bflim etc etc.. the thing is, as of now, i got my stuff working fine when i replace files with fptiiueverywhere... but i want to make simple clean installable wud for people.. so that way it wont require everyone to use ftpiiueverywhere (imagine the 'bricks wave' we would see with people messing up files in sysnand lol..)

But i think the issues i had with some of my wud, are related with the tmd and fst files.

All my testings are in redNAND so i'm safe :P

Thanks you both for those clarifications! It pushes the progress faster :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT:
With SCT, can we actually install system titles? Or just games titles?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT:
With SCT, can we actually install system titles? Or just games titles?
SCT will install any title provided it is encrypted correctly with a tool or whatever. Some things have consequences such as installing SCT with it's system title id. So there are risks involved with doing such things, and definitely possibilities of bricking messing with system titles.

D

Deleted User

but i want to make simple clean installable wud for people.. so that way it wont require everyone to use ftpiiueverywhere
It is very much possible to create an automated installer that doesn't require a correctly signed WUD or whatever.
A code library was released by dimok that allows any homebrew app to access the raw NAND, so you could create an installer that handles everything for the user. Look up libiosuhax on the internet.
That way, you reduce brick risks as well as not requiring System Config Tool or whatever to install it. You just need a sysNAND CFW or redNAND.

Reactions: EclipseSin

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is very much possible to create an automated installer that doesn't require a correctly signed WUD or whatever.
A code library was released by dimok that allows any homebrew app to access the raw NAND, so you could create an installer that handles everything for the user. Look up libiosuhax on the internet.
That way, you reduce brick risks as well as not requiring System Config Tool or whatever to install it. You just need a sysNAND CFW or redNAND.
If made correctly, it could be a universal game patcher too, by pulling the id and location, or something similar to those regards, in a config file.

Reactions: Deleted User

puss2puss

.. well ..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting but i dont have the knowledge for this yet..
Hey i have a small question: what is the file _broken.mcp ? I get this file in the game folder when i install a VC DS game repacked with NusPacker..so, the game doesnt install correctly..even if i just unpack then repack, without changing any files..

I noticed that the fst and tmd files are created after its installed, but it is not in the code folder after a game is decrypted..am i suppose to have those files right after decrypted?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's some more to it though. Remember you can't simply copy new files into a game's content folder because the game won't be able to read them (you'll get a disk read error).
That works fine with Cemu or Loadiine so it's definitely a quirk that libiosuhax is not doing properly because modifying the file system alone isn't enough.

Right now we need the system's own title installing commands to get functional apps.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse