Syscheck's of a virgin Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by martravi, Apr 2, 2011.

Apr 2, 2011

Syscheck's of a virgin Wii by martravi at 7:50 PM (1,487 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. martravi
    OP

Newcomer martravi Newbie

Germany
    Hi
    I'm looking for syscheck's of virgin Wii's. Please don't ask, why I'm doing that [​IMG]
    Could you post a syscheck of a virgin PAL-Wii with Systemmenu 3.2, 3.3v2 , 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2?
    THX
    PS: Sorry, my english is still terrible. I hope, you can understand me [​IMG]

2. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just so you are aware, it is impossible to run a syscheck on a truly virgin wii. It depends on what you define as virgin of course. If you mean one that does not have Homebrew Channel installed on it, or as a wii that does not have any patched IOS's. However, if you mean never has had homebrew, that is almost impossible to obtain. (Unless you do some crazy thing reading your nand with an infecuts and then checking the version of every IOS on the nand)(even then you would still need keys, which would require xyzz, which requires homebrew)

3. martravi
    OP

Newcomer martravi Newbie

Germany
    I mean, that you have started the boot.dol of the syscheck directly with an exploit (Bannerbomb, SmashStack and so on) on a virgin Wii. Syscheck doesnt need any other changes on the Wii, it runs on original Nintendo-IOS's. This is possible, because you only need a SD-Card with bannerbomb an the boot.dol of sysCheck, you don't need any changes on the Wii. Could anyone with a real virgin wii (not "revirginized", really virgin) do this for me?

4. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Martravi: Of course what you are saying is possible, but I don't understand why you need a syscheck.. It is all information available on wiibrew, if you did it on a 4.3, it would have all the latest IOS's and stubs shown on wiibrew. This isn't really necessary?

Here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS11 and Here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu

5. martravi
    OP

Newcomer martravi Newbie

Germany

6. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I didn't ask why, just said it wasn't necessary.. I gave you the resources that you would need to create a syscheck...

7. martravi
    OP

Newcomer martravi Newbie

Germany
    Well, i really need a real sysCheck.

8. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Syscheck of a wii with hbc installed is not going to be different than virgin wii, (unless cIOS or Bootmii is also installed)

9. martravi
    OP

Newcomer martravi Newbie

Germany
    Yes, hbc could be installed, but there must not be any changes to the IOSs, no patched, no extra-IOSs installed and so on

10. martravi
    OP

Newcomer martravi Newbie

Germany
    can no one help me? ;(

11. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I tried...

12. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I'm going to be an asshole: why do you need it? M1r0 already mentioned that all the info on the IOS is on wiibrew AND that the information isn't going to be different than what an IOS on a virgin wii is going to tell you. So correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me you're just curious about what IOS'es each firmware has, but you're too lazy to add the information from different pages together (and that's just because wiibrew is organised per IOS instead of per firmware).

Oh, and good luck finding a virgin wii on a forum dedicated to hacking consoles. I don't feel like onswanseneggering my wii into a virgin for God knows what reason.

13. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    You have to help us help you...

I'll do you one better and give you a link to the best resources for all the information you could possibly gleen from a "virgin" Syscheck report.
    Those two sites alone will give you all the information that a "Virgin" Syscheck report will give you. You will be able to find out what IOS, SM, and channels were available and present during the many updates of the Wii. You just have to do some work.

If you still insist on a Syscheck log, you have to understand that it is a fool's errand that you can accomplish yourself. Such a log would just consist of all the latest official IOS versions available to the Wii at the time of that particular SM iteration. For example, I can easily modify the Syscheck report of a modded Wii at SM4.3 to look exactly like that of a "virgin"...

Original:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Virginized:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    -[]D