Syscheck of friend's wii needing some help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lastninjagaijin, Oct 9, 2013.

1. lastninjagaijin
    OP

lastninjagaijin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2013
    *~**SYSCHECK LOG SPOILER:**~*

Warning: Spoilers inside!

--*~**SPOILER END**~*--

Followed a guide then went through modmii with d2x 10 beta added..

Having black screen on wiiflow/usbloader gx when trying to run wiiware/vc from emunand..

Was going to try real nand wad installations but for space emunand would be best..

Also ios' do my head in, how can I fix up this friend's wii with most compatible ios'?

Assuming bases installed wrong or something..

2. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    Make sure you are using a NAND dump you made with USB loader GX.
    Nand dump that are meant for SNEEK are not compatible.

after you dumped you NAND with usb loader gx, install you wads via showmiiwads.
    To get better compatibilty install rev17 cIOS in slot 247 and make sure you copy yourfreshly dumped nand to the the root of you HDD.
    NOT IN THE NAND FOLDER MADE BY USB LOADER GX.

This will enable usb loader gx to load a installed game with a different cios than d2x.
    For problem games( konami rebirth and Bonsai Barber etc..) select to load the game with slot 247 from the game settings.

lastninjagaijin likes this.
  3. lastninjagaijin
    OP

lastninjagaijin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2013

Thank you so much for this clarification, I remember now reading last night that my Bootmii nand backup is no good and I need the USBloader GX backup to work with in SMW instead. Thanks so much for remiinding me, my head is imploding after a week working on this mates' wii :) I'll go do this now..

I will do the CIOS rev17 (d2x?) for 247..

Are any of these on the wrong base?

IOS247[53] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS248[55] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

4. Hielkenator

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    ios 247 should have base 38.

I also noticed that 247 and 248 are based on 53 and and 55.
    These bases are not recommended.
    Typically the only base ios you need are 56 for 99℅ of all wii games.
    And base ios 57 for the call of duty games.
    A cios rev 17 base 38 and cios rev19 based on 37/38 can be installed in slot 247 and 248
    As an extra option for nand channel emulation if the standard 249 slot with d2x base gives problems.
    The slot you want to use for loading can be selected from the games settings.

5. lastninjagaijin
    OP

lastninjagaijin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2013

At the moment I am dumping the usbloader gx nand to sd card for showmiiwads..

I am looking around for this cios rev 17 base 38 mentioned in your first post - will this one do ok? http://gbatemp.net/threads/cios-38-rev-17-is-out.203862/

I used MMM to install these, I'll install wad manager 1.7 to use instead

Do I need to 'overwrite' the non-recommended bases? If so, what should I use for this? Also, do I need to do anything to base 56 or 57? Sorry very noob, been going through the basics the last year and finally ready to confront emunand properly.. having some DM issues but will ask for help if can't sort out after this and reinstall latest wiiflow.

And I will install as recommended:

cios rev 17 base 38 - into slot 247
    cios rev 19 base 37 or 38 - into slot 248 - downloading from: http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/tools-utilities/download-cios-installer-xr21-f23351.html

Sorry and one last thing, when you say dump the gx nand to the root of hdd, do you mean the folders/files within the nand folder created, or just make sure the path is usb1:/nand/ (for me I named the folder nandgx to distinguish) ? Or so nand is usb1:/ path and then there is file structure like usb1:/private etc? Sorry for nooby! edit: so I have now dumped the nand with usbloadergx and installed a bunch of games. I will test this in a bit, just need confirmation of if those files are ok or if you have any recommended links for these files. Again huge thanks for the help.. lastly, should I post a new thread for my DM issues? Currently using latest usbloader gx, used to always work better on my wii on wiiflow, so loading on the latest wiiflow to try.. original discs loading fine but not the backups.. DIOS MIOS screen from usbloadergx, then a tiny green bit for some milliseconds then black hang and have to hold down power to reset wii..

6. Hielkenator

Feb 7, 2010
    Netherlands
    The mentioned cios rev 17 and 19 you posted wads will install in slot 249, this is NOT what you want.
    In order to install them in a different slot ( 247 and 248 ) you have to use modmii to build your cios wads.

The folder structure must be sd:/private etc or hdd:/private etc.
    So not use the folder that usb loader gx dumps your nand in. Take the files from that folder and place them on your root.
    This way usb loader can grant acces to a different cios slot ( 247 and 248 for instance) instead of reverting to d2x cios in slots 249 and 250.

7. lastninjagaijin
    OP

lastninjagaijin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2013

I used the cIOS38_rev17-Installer ( http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/tools-utilities/download-cios-installer-38r17-f9426.html )

and installed to 247, and

cIOSX_rev19-Installer ( http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/tools-utilities/download-cios-installer-xr19-f9911.html ) and installed to 248.

This should work ok shouldn't it? I didn't use the wads, I got the installers from those sites after a bit of confusion searching for the files :)

I will do a syscheck in a moment after trying the emunand to confirm they went in ok.. (edit: got the wads now hooray, will do a syscheck before trying them to see if it worked the way I did it.. then if failed will do the wads..)

..still getting green flash then black screen after dios mios screen from usbloadergx though :( any idea what I can do to try to get gc to work in usbloadergx? Always had better luck with wiiflow but any advice for the gx?

I posted in the newbs section about those files I was going to install - seems with the installers I used, it overwrote my d2x in 249/250. So huge thanks for links to wad too :) I will install those 2 now for 247 & 248, as well as then reinstall d2x v10b for 249/250.

I don't actually have a private folder from my nand backup on usbloadergx - it only made shared1/shared2/sys/ticket/title within the custom path 'usb1:/nandgx/' folder. So even without private folder, I should put those folders into the usb1:/ root and point the usbloadergx custom path to usb1:/ ?

However, with the usbloadergx emunand, I've managed to get the wiiware/vc to work :) just to mention, i used my own named 'nandgx' folder, ie USB1:/nandgx/ and assigned this in wiiflow/ubsloadergx, and they pick up perfect - still no private folder as he had no downloads himself on his wii, just some wii games no wiiware/vc. Also, GC is working again with Wiiflow, haven't tried with usbloadergx yet as had accidentally installed an old version.. putting r1209 back on now to test.. Still haven't installed the wads yet, will run a syscheck now and post that before installing the wads to 247/248, to see if it looks ok..

edit 2: updated syscheck:

--START SPOILER--
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    --END SPOILER-

So excited to get the wiiware/vc working, was getting frustrated that maybe it was going to be a big headache to get it working on my mate's wii :) Everything works fine in wiiflow but can't get emunand stuff or gc still to work in usbloadergx, but will live with wiiflow. Huge thanks again for your help Hielkenator, feeling a lot better now this is working right :) Maximum <3 & respect - *oxbow*

Just finishing my cover downloads for this Wii now before running a syscheck on my wii in the next night or so, will start a new thread for that. If any further advice is relevant for my friend's Wii posted above please let me know :)

All I could ask is: I notice some in the syschecks are stubs, is this bad? should I remove them? Also, is it worth changing the d2x v8's to v10b's?