OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have seen similar topics but never quite the same, so I decided to try my luck and ask if anyone had a solution. I have a softmodded Wii with both Bootmii and Preloader on it; Bootmii boots first (if the SD card is in) and I can control it with the Reset/Power buttons, but if I select 'Wii' it boots Preloader.

Now the problem is my Wiimote will not sync; I believe you need to be on the Wii menu for a sync to work and I cannot access it, so I think what I need to know is

A) Is there some program I can run from Bootmii to allow syncing of the wiimote, or boot the Wii menu?
or
B) Is there someway to skip preloader from loading. Surely the developers should have added this? ;_;

Also, I do not have access to a GC controller without serious importing... so that is really a last-ditch effort for me. I am aware it is a solution.

Thanks to any replies!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bootmii have a bootmii.ini with a timeout value just set it to 1-5 and AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU and it will load the Wii Menu after 1-5 seconds.
Not sure about preloader.

Phenie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unfortunately even if it reached the timeout I'm sure it would still boot into preloader, so it doesn't really help me. Thanks anyway though.

EDIT: Just tested it and does just boot into preloader. If only that option was in preloader it would be exactly what I needed.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if he doesn't have autoboot set with preloader, then he will boot directly into preloader from bootmii. your best bet bud is going to be to hunt down a gamecube controller, even if you have to borrow one from the guy down the street or buy an offbrand one from your local game store. don't really know why you would have to do some "serious importing" in japan...

preloader can be skipped...however it can only be set up via preloader itself and you can't do that.

Phenie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Old8oy said:
don't really know why you would have to do some "serious importing" in japan...

Not there at the moment, it would be easy if I was. ^^
From all the research I've done online it also seemed like getting a GC controller was my only option, but I thought I'd ask the minds on gbatemp and other wii hacking sites before I gave up entirely.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GC controller is the way to go for fixing your problem, have seen a few threads with people not being able to sync wiimotes and stuck in pre/priiloader

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would happen if you dumped your NAND, restored an older NAND without priiloader installed (assuming you have one, if not nevermind), synced the remote, then restored the later NAND? Would it keep the resyncing, or is that info held in the NAND too, making this pointless?

Another thing, what happens if you have bootmii autoboot into homebrew channel instead of system menu? Does that skip priiloader? I would guess not, but it would be easy to try.

Sorry if these ideas are stupid and/or don't work. Good luck in any event.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what titles do you have installed on your wii? it is very easy to make bootmii start ANY title that is already installed on the wii. if you can tell me a channel that you have, i can whip up a elf that will autoboot a certain wiiware or other non-homebrew channel. ive not tried it with the weather/news/photo channels, but it might work. then you can sync wiimotes.

EDIT>>>>>>>
http://rapidshare.com/files/325928475/ppcboot.elf.tar.gz
thanks to all the douchebags that downloaded this and didnt bother to put up a mirror for others... http://www.mediafire.com/?zfzdmxyn02d

there are some elfs to work with bootmii/boot2 that will let you start many of the USA system titles to get your wiimote synced. You shouldnt need a tutorial for them, but i made a readmii in there just in case. I only tested out the shop channel one and it worked so i just assumed that the others would be fine.

EDIT AGAIN>>> oops. I just saw that you are in JAP. So you probably dont have most of these titles. I guess the HAYA and HACA might still work in the land of the rising sun.

Jinx Lumos Joke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have the same problem Phenie. I tryied all of the solutions, but non of them worked... Any other solution? Or can you help me giantpune with the elf? (rapidshare isnt working, 'cause everyone DL from there, and no avialable slots...)

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
giantpune said:
what titles do you have installed on your wii? it is very easy to make bootmii start ANY title that is already installed on the wii. if you can tell me a channel that you have, i can whip up a elf that will autoboot a certain wiiware or other non-homebrew channel. ive not tried it with the weather/news/photo channels, but it might work. then you can sync wiimotes.

EDIT>>>>>>>
http://rapidshare.com/files/325928475/ppcboot.elf.tar.gz
thanks to all the douchebags that downloaded this and didnt bother to put up a mirror for others... http://www.mediafire.com/?zfzdmxyn02d

there are some elfs to work with bootmii/boot2 that will let you start many of the USA system titles to get your wiimote synced. You shouldnt need a tutorial for them, but i made a readmii in there just in case. I only tested out the shop channel one and it worked so i just assumed that the others would be fine.

EDIT AGAIN>>> oops. I just saw that you are in JAP. So you probably dont have most of these titles. I guess the HAYA and HACA might still work in the land of the rising sun.
Is there any way to make these work with priiloader+bootmii\IOS?

billyloon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had the same problem...Wii boots to Priiloader but since I had re-synced my wiimotes on another console that I was modding for a friend, now they won't work on my Wii and I can't get past Priiloader to system menu. I read this entire thread, went to GameStop and bought a used off-brand Gamecube controller, came home, plugged it in to Port 1 of the Wii, fired it up and still nothing...still stuck in Priiloader. I don't know what else to do since I can't boot directly to Bootmii without first going in and changing some stuff, which I can't do until I get past Priiloader. I'm kicking myself for re-syncing both of my wiimotes with the other console. What was I thinking?

Anyhow, does anyone know if it matters if I'm using an off-brand Gamecube controller vs. a Nintendo-brand Gamecube controller? ALL of the buttons on the Gamecube controller are not doing anything in Priiloader. It's possible that I just got stuck with a broken controller, but not likely since I'm sure GameStop tested it before they bought it.

First thing on my list whenever I get this working again is to change the settings to autoload the system menu, get the wiimotes synced, and always keep at least 1 wiimote synced to my console.

Does anyone have any ideas why the GameCube controller (port 1) is not being recognized in Priiloader??? Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games