Synchronization Methods for a wiimote with my special wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dragbe, Jun 1, 2010.

1. dragbe
    OP

Newcomer dragbe Member

Belgium
    Hi gbatemp members,

I have to restore only one feature to get a fully functionnal Wii. As I can boot the Wii system menu without problems, that means that all of its components and modules (wifi, bluetooth, ...) are operational. Unfortunately, I can not synchronize the Wiimotes because of a hardware problem on the Wii motherboard located near the red synchronization button. So here is my idea to solve this problem, give me your opinions or other methods to synchronize my Wiimotes in this kind of situation.

STEP 1: sync my wiimotes with a second wii
    STEP 2: make a nand dump of this second wii
    STEP 3: retrieve the Bluetooth module of this second wii and install it in the Wii that I want to restore
    STEP 4: use sneek on the Wii that I want to restore with the nand created in the step 2 or its own nand containing "the wiimote configuration files" extracted from the second Wii nand

AWAITING YOUR ANSWERS

2. rolfke

Newcomer rolfke Member

Belgium
    How are you going to do step 3 without a wiimote?
    And how bad is the hardware problem?

If you ask me,
    I would try to fix the hardware problem first.
    Take your wii apart and take a look at the sync button itself to see what's wrong with it.
    Could you provide a picture with the hardware problem itself?

edit: what do you mean by "retrieve the Bluetooth module"?

3. dragbe
    OP

Newcomer dragbe Member

Belgium
    rolfke,
    "retrieve the Bluetooth" module is a bad expression due to the fact that my English is not perfect. "retrieve the Bluetooth" expression means take the bluetooth module in the second wii and put it in the wii that I want to restore. The hardware problem are damaged circuits on the wii motherboard located near the red synchronization button. a repair attempt was performed without success.

4. dragbe
    OP

Newcomer dragbe Member

Belgium
  5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Eww, nasty trace-killing, right there! [​IMG]

Just use an x-acto knife to remove the protective layer and let you solder on the copper. Use some 30AWG Wires ("kynar wires") and you should be set [​IMG]

6. rolfke

Newcomer rolfke Member

Belgium
    Any succes with the knife?

7. dragbe
    OP

Newcomer dragbe Member

Belgium
    I followed these giantpune's instructions :
    "you can just turn the wii on with the case taken apart. then press the button on your wiimote. it will go into search mode for 20 seconds. in that time, just bridge the pads of the sync button on the wii motherboard with something metal"
    AND IT WORKS

thank you all and to giantpune