Hacking SYNCH PROBS - RB1 Instrument (beatles value edition bandset)

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Merry Christmas all,

I have a prob and would appeciate some advice if possible.

I previously soft modded my friends PAL wii in July-Aug 09 to 4.e and he has bought Rockband the Beatles Value edition Band set for christmas for his family which i believe has the Rockband 1 instruments included (drums,fender guitar & mic & official game/boxset).

The trouble is that he cant get the ORIGINAL PAL RB Beatles game to work/with the disc loader chanel. He has ALSO tried a backup version on DVD and usb loader cfg, wiiflow, and neogamma via 249 and hermes 222 and the game loads fine but the instruments still fail to sychcronize. The same happens with GH5, its loads but wont synch!

I've tested through neogamma v7&v8,uloader,wiiflow222,usb loader config etc with 222,223,249 to no avail!

The weird thing is that i followed exactly the same guide to updating my PAL wii to 4.1e and i did his and have installed hermes 222/223 on both. (ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide - GBAtemp.net)

The only difference is that i have a GUITAR HERO 3 Legends of rock white GIBSON (- LES PAUL GUITAR WORKS FINE ON MY WII BUT NOT HIS!!!!!!)
His fender stratocaster works fine on my wii but not his! Every instrument in his RB1 set works on mine but nothing seems to work on his.

What could be going wrong on his wii???

The only other difference is that i installed the cios 222 installer via internet, he could not do this and used the offline install instead which then seemed to run ok once the file structure of folders was correct afeter using NUSD downloader and following hermes official 222/223 offline guide.

Anyone have any suggestions??

I've read through tons of pages on this forum and wiihacks and not sure whether i need all of the following or just install one of them, or whether their is a more recent guide to sorting out SYNCH issues??

Do i need any or all of the following to get his Rockband 1 instruments to synch and work properly:

* ios 56?
* ios 56 (is this region specific???)
* ios 37?
* ios 37? (is this region specific???)
* Multi cIOS Installer?
* cIOS USB 2.0?
* softchip as 232?
* softchip as 232, does it have to be a specific version of application for the fix?
* uloader?
* specific ports on official rockband usb hub?
* any other pal ios's that I will need and should be safe to install isos (not stubs as im on 4.1!)
* anything else to consider?
* can i install an older version of hermes 222/223 over a more recent version? (he is using v4 of hermes)

What is the safest, quickest and most reliant fix to follow to get them synching?

Could someone please clarify what i could do to fix it or offer some advice from previous experience?

Merry Xmas

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hatsu "I saw this before. Do a search! "

Thanks fot that Hatsu, but it not helping me much as i have done loads of searching on gbatemp and wiihacks. If you have had the same prob and fixed it then please share info. If you have not personally had this prob then please dont patronize me as i always spend a great deal of time and effort trying to sort out issues without asking for assistance in the past.

Like you, I have seen many posts (similar) to mine before and my head it starting to hurt as i've spent the last 10 hours trying to read through and try and fix it for a mate whom i recommended getting the Beatles band value pack for £45 for his family for xmas. Saying that i dont even have his guitar here to test it further as he did not want to take nothing home to his family!

Never again will i recommend rb1 instruments! The more i read about this the more i get want to clear up the issue with people who have previously had the same problem and fixed it.

MY head hurts!

Please help me out on this one! I've read over 150 pages this evening/morning all ready and keep getting varied answer to the RB1 instrument synching issue. The same reason i listed all questions in my last post as im now getting a bit confused to which i should use.

If it helps my friend has bootmii as boot2 and a nand backup. I just don't wanna go messing around with cioscorp on his pc to fix his problems!

He is on 4.e with waninkoko's 249 cios38r14, hermes 222/223

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try config usb loader v41 thats the one i have and it works
wink.gif

i tried the new one but it did not work for me
222 v4
223 v4
202 v4
249 rev14
250 rev14
hope that helps

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need not be diddling with a thing to get the original to play..

do you have priiloader or something that's blocking the game from providing an updated ios56?

did you plug in the usb dingle dongle?

did you put the batteries in your instruments?

did you hit the sync buttons on the dingle dongles / your instruments?

have you tried the other usb port?

have you been doing too much dxm?

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
buby78 said:
try config usb loader v41 thats the one i have and it works
wink.gif

i tried the new one but it did not work for me
222 v4
223 v4
202 v4
249 rev14
250 rev14
hope that helps

Thanks for your reply 'buby78'.

I try and get that version of config usb loader like you suggest and try!

Although im trying to fix my friends wii, I had a look on my wii with softchip (latest version)
and i had the following options amongst other (other being small ios number less than 100 i.e IOS14,IOS15 onwards)

MY WII SOFTCHIP
IOS36 (REV 1042)
IOS37 (REV 2070)
IOS38 (REV 3609)
IOS53 (REV 4113)
IOS55 (REV 5406)
IOS60 (REV 6174)
IOS61 (REV 5405)
IOS222 (REV 4)
IOS223 (REV 4)
IOS249 (REV 14)
IOS250 (REV 65535)
IOS4 (REV 3)
IOS9 (REV 516)
IOS11 (REV 10)
IOS12 (REV 6)
IOS13 (REV 10)
------------------------

It seems the only one i dont have that is on your list is '202 v4' when i already have the latest version of mplayer. But i dont have the problem!! I thought they were used for similar purposes.

My friend has the prob and also does not have '202 v4'. Do you know if 202 v4 would make a difference? What does it do? Is it dvdx or usb specific or used for both?

Another question for any other softchip users:

Do you have to use revision 99 for it to work with rb1 instruments??

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ziddey said:
you need not be diddling with a thing to get the original to play..

do you have priiloader or something that's blocking the game from providing an updated ios56?

yes preloader 0.29 (hbc v1.03) Do ihave to install ios56 to get it working? as i did not need to do it before to get my les gibson working on my wii? Is it RB instrument specific?
yes any specific port on official usb hub?
I presume so as his fender worked on my wii with rb2 & rb:the beatles, so did the drums and mic!
My les paul guitar works on my wii, my mates fender rb1 instruments works on my wii.
His fender rb1 instruments dont work on his wii, my les gibson does not work on his wii.

les paul-yes, fender-yes,rb1 drums yes, RB1 mic yes all work on my wii, none/no instruments work on his work on his!
Fiddled but not trouble shooted every port just used the end ports and the main bottom wii usb port for usb drive and the other for hub. And i think we tried the guitar on its own on the top port with the usb drive on the bottom.
dxm? sounds fun. Not sure of it but if its anything like mushrooms it's had a month to worm its way out of my system
smile.gif
lol

thanks for your reply, but what direction should I take next?

* install ios56?
* is ios56 region specific?
* do i just use dop-ios for this? region specific?
* will dop ios work for 4.1? (is it firmware specific?
* does it need to be trucha signed when installing ios 55 (i.e do i press + or 0 when installing)?

cheers
smile.gif

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Long story shot.

Used the 'Modify any Wii 4.2 & below' , aka the simplistic mod (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901) guide to remodify/upgrade my mates wii from 4.1e - 4.2e and fixed his Rockband the Beatles (rockband 1 instruments1) synching probs with his guitar,drums & mic & my les gh3 guitar! Rock on. He can now also sychronize his instruments using RB1,RB2,and certain GH titles especially newest ones!

All of this with a bootmii boot2 backup and preloader!
smile.gif

Thanks for all your advice up to this point!
smile.gif

melodical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Long story shot.

Used the 'Modify any Wii 4.2 & below' , aka the simplistic mod (Modify any Wii 4.2 & below - GBAtemp.net) guide to remodify/upgrade my mates wii from 4.1e - 4.2e and fixed his Rockband the Beatles (rockband 1 instruments1) synching probs with his guitar,drums & mic & my les gh3 guitar! Rock on. He can now also sychronize his instruments using RB1,RB2,and certain GH titles especially newest ones!

used usb loader cfg (latest version) to load it with eaither 222,222mload or 223mload (not 249 & no ios reload is necessary!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed