Symphonia Chronicles (limited) Collector's edition

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by Arch Feline, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Arch Feline
    OP

Arch Feline GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    United States
    You can buy Symphonia Chronicles on release for $40 so I was really thinking that I did not want to pay $100 for the collector's edition. Now I see that you get a translation of the book narrating the events between the two games , the five figurines came out better than I thought and you get a metal case for the game. So now I am thinking that I have to have Lloyd and Tenebrae.

The CE seems to be sold out. Namco said that they would make 15,000 with the result that they cannot make enough for demand.

Anyone know where to get the Collector's Edition?

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Zavvi.com has it (though it's the PAL version). If you don't mind that, here's the link.

3. Arch Feline
    OP

May 7, 2007
    United States
    It turns out that Zavvi.com will send out a cancelling pre order email 15 days before release if you are outside of the UK. Now I wanted the NA release anyway so I found this out from others. Just a heads up.

I was not able to pick up the Collector's and $100 is already a lot to pay. After all you get only 1/5 books and you have to assemble the statues. I played the games on GameCube and Wii, and I really do not want to level up my Symphonia party again or raise monsters again for DotNW. If I do play Symphonia on the PS3, I seriously will have to find a gadget I can place on the buttons so that my party can wander around on the world map and auto level. One game.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    , had some special monsters that would pop up and cause game over if you autoleveled.

4. Arch Feline
    OP

May 7, 2007
    United States
    I finally got my copy. I already played both games so I looked for the price to come down to retail. I got a copy from Amazon. It is #17474. I found a digital copy of the novel so my box is still unopened. I would like to read the other Symphonia books. One of these days I have to learn to read Japanese.

In the first game on the GameCube it is so easy to complete the monster book by walking in a circle with a rubber banded turbo controller. I keep thinking that I need to find a small cheap appliance which will vibrate against the [x] button on my six axis controller so that I can do this in Chronicles. I do not want to level up again or do a forced run to the shop where I can buy a
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    . Now that I spent so much I have to play the game.