vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I've been looking around but didnt find method for my question. If my switch lite has a SX Lite chip installed do I need to uninstall the chip and replace it with a clone if I want to update system and install atmosphere? I didn't do install myself but I can. The last time I used it it had 10.X.X firmware on it or so. It was still playable with SXOX. I do come across the method for the older model of the system which I have done and enjoy offline only. Thank you for your assitance.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I've been looking around but didnt find method for my question. If my switch lite has a SX Lite chip installed do I need to uninstall the chip and replace it with a clone if I want to update system and install atmosphere? I didn't do install myself but I can. The last time I used it it had 10.X.X firmware on it or so. It was still playable with SXOX. I do come across the method for the older model of the system which I have done and enjoy offline only. Thank you for your assitance.
You can use sx gear wich is a boot.dat that points to a payload.bin. You dont have to flash chip or can flash with space craft nx and get same results. You dont need to open your switch, only if you want to flash the chip. You don't need to remove anything chip related.

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply @HollowGrams

So by not flashing the chip I can just use the atmospher fuse.bin file as usual to boot. Which would be the easier of the 2 methods or am I incorrect? Can you point me in the right direction for these instructions plz.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply @HollowGrams

So by not flashing the chip I can just use the atmospher fuse.bin file as usual to boot. Which would be the easier of the 2 methods or am I incorrect? Can you point me in the right direction for these instructions plz.
Space craft auto loads any bin labeled payload.bin. With tx not sure if you can autoboot atmos or you have to go into the TX Boot Loader then launch atmos.

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you again for the reply @HollowGrams ,

User @squee666 commented on another question previously:

Feb 6
gl flashing it but saying this now
this is why spacecraft isnt worth the risk until they release some form of flasher that doesnt require a connection as failing to flash bricks the chip and requires a reprogrammer

only reason sttethix made that guide to unbrick is because he himself was dicking about and bricked his chip just to make a guide to promote something that isnt needed.

you can boot atmos just fine on sxcore/lite without spacecraft for future reference
this includes dumping full keys in lockpick

On the last comment, stating I can boot atmospher from the SX Lite and I'm guessing from the TX boot loader. I have been looking up on reading materials for this but I have not come across something solid just yet.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank you again for the reply @HollowGrams ,

User @squee666 commented on another question previously:

Feb 6
gl flashing it but saying this now
this is why spacecraft isnt worth the risk until they release some form of flasher that doesnt require a connection as failing to flash bricks the chip and requires a reprogrammer

only reason sttethix made that guide to unbrick is because he himself was dicking about and bricked his chip just to make a guide to promote something that isnt needed.

you can boot atmos just fine on sxcore/lite without spacecraft for future reference
this includes dumping full keys in lockpick

On the last comment, stating I can boot atmospher from the SX Lite and I'm guessing from the TX boot loader. I have been looking up on reading materials for this but I have not come across something solid just yet.
tx released something called sxgear that supports autobooting a file called payload.bin
if you replace your boot.dat with sxgears boot.dat and boot into hekate/lockpick you get full key access and atmosphere booting

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: vicicarus

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply @squee666,

I was able to boot atmosphere via the method you provided and also following the step by step from the "How to" list you provided. Thank you again for that! I opened the switch and it doesn't have the usb ribbon cable so flashing the sx lite might be out of the question for now. My system is on 11.0.0 not 10.0 as I thought before. If I update my system to 13.0.0 as long as I have the sx gear boot.dat and my sxox license I should be able to continue to boot into AMS, yes? I have the latest atmosphere and hekate installed and I've made a eMMCNAND backup. Not to sure about updating since sxox doesn't work after 11.0 and above but this is sx gear so its different,right?

itchigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply @squee666,

I was able to boot atmosphere via the method you provided and also following the step by step from the "How to" list you provided. Thank you again for that! I opened the switch and it doesn't have the usb ribbon cable so flashing the sx lite might be out of the question for now. My system is on 11.0.0 not 10.0 as I thought before. If I update my system to 13.0.0 as long as I have the sx gear boot.dat and my sxox license I should be able to continue to boot into AMS, yes? I have the latest atmosphere and hekate installed and I've made a eMMCNAND backup. Not to sure about updating since sxox doesn't work after 11.0 and above but this is sx gear so its different,right?
Yes as long as you have Boot.dat and boot.ini and payload.bin on the root of your sd you should be fine.
Just remember if you're booting atmopshere or hekate make sure to rename Fusee.bin or hekate_ctcaer_X.X.X.bin to payload.bin and put it on the root of the sd card whenever there's a new update.

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you @itchigo for replying,

That is good to hear, booting is simple this way. As I keep reading through the guide I see that I will run into the
Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Failed to determine mariko warmboot firmware because I updated via ChoidujourNX on SX OS so I should have a corrupt BOOT0. I am trying to see if my SysNAND is on the same version as my EmuNAND. I haven't found this in the settings yet. Would you know were I can find both ver?

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update, I was able to find out both versions. I booted up using sx lite which loaded the emunand. then I booted up using AMS and it loaded the sysnand.

itchigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you @itchigo for replying,

That is good to hear, booting is simple this way. As I keep reading through the guide I see that I will run into the
Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Failed to determine mariko warmboot firmware because I updated via ChoidujourNX on SX OS so I should have a corrupt BOOT0. I am trying to see if my SysNAND is on the same version as my EmuNAND. I haven't found this in the settings yet. Would you know were I can find both ver?
Whenever you created your emunand it will duplicate your sysnand so basically everything on your Emunand the same as your sysnand including your FW.
If you want to check the FW version for Stock, CFW Sysnand, and Emunand.
You'll need to create/setup Hekate_ipl.ini inside the bootloader so you can boot into either Stock, CFW sysnand or Emunand to check FW version of each one.
Quick update, I was able to find out both versions. I booted up using sx lite which loaded the emunand. then I booted up using AMS and it loaded the sysnand.
Did you migrate or create Emunand when you setup atmosphere?
If you didn't do any of those two things whenever you boot atmopshere it will load to CFW Sysnand.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX Gear's Boot.dat works.. However there are custom boot.dat files too that point elsewhere. I like the one that points to the
Reboot_Payload.bin because this gets updated when you update Atmosphere. It's set and forget.pointing to the Payload.bin means you have to update it every time atmo updates or it breaks.

Ill look for the custom Boot.dat link when I can,

vicicarus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much @itchigo and @mikefor20 for the replies,

I didn't migrate to AMS, I did a fresh install. For some reason I had emunand on 11.0 and the sysnand was on 10.2 I found versions by booting sx and AMS separately. I am unsure of how that happened. I proceeded to update through AMS using daybreak to 11.0 then again through AMS I updated to 13.0 and my system is current now. I think that's why I didn't get the Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Failed to determine mariko warmboot firmware after updating. Only weird thing is I can only turn system on now by plugging in the power cord! It turns off with power button but not on. As for making a custom, it makes sense to have it set up as it cuts a step out of the process when updating. I will read up on the process in setting it up. Thank you @mikefor20 for providing reading materials I appreciated it much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: