XP
Country

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After spending a day backing up my HDD to reformat it in exFat I thought I would mess around with a USB stick to see what would happen, you can get much smaller adapters and USB drives than what I was using, so portability with a USB flash drive is a serious option, just thought I would share my findings.
(Yes I formatted the drive to exFat)

I think ill be buying one of these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ul...=1539901907&sr=1-9&keywords=usb-c+flash+drive

I was reading around on various forums,other people had your same thoughts about it, and they also found it works pretty well! It's absolutely a good solution plug in a smaller adapter to have a good capability and store many games. Thanks for your sharing and advices. Well done !

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a 128gb micro sd? unless you want to combine both and need plug and play.

The point is installing games. Copy .nsp from your computer to a flash drive then connect it to Switch - and you can install all the games you downloaded. Transfer over wifi will take forever, this is the fastest and most convenient way to install games.

Having a few terabyte hard drive will hold all the XCI and nsp as your game archive for backup, but not all HDD will work - USB flash drive however will work 100%.

Even with a 500GB SDcard you can't carry all the Switch games with you. With a hard drive you can carry every games with you in the bag, you can swap them easily.

VEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI there !! do i need any file with my USB drive to support it with sx os ? or just plug direct to my Nintendo without anything ?

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did this last year when I went on a cruise - so no PC to upload games etc. I filled a 4TB WD Elements portable USB HDD with files and used that to load different games to try out while I was on holiday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over