Hacking Question SXOS to Atmosphere + Updating FW Questions.

Rikua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, after a couple years of SXOS, I'm ready to move onto Atmosphere. I just have a couple of questions:

Is this thread still okay to use the SXOS to Atmos part of this tutorial without issues?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/

Not sure if I have fuses burnt or not, which is the best method to check?

I had heard that choidujournx has the potential for bricks (Although, I have been using it this whole time on SXOS with no issues). I obviously do not want such a thing to happen. Is there a better solution?
I am currently on 8.2 fw and I have soft banned myself as after day 1 of SXOS I have been in airplane mode, should I just connect to N's servers and update? Or am I asking for trouble by doing that and not knowing the fuse situation?

I do not care about emunand nor do I care about being banned. I just want to be at the latest firmware with sigpatches, etc. Thanks for reading all of this. If this is in the wrong section, I apologize in advance.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
You are using SX OS in sysNAND, I guess you can just put the Atmosphère's files into the microSD and launch the CFW injecting its payload.
Of course, you can't launch. xci files nor the .xci installed games

Reactions: Rikua

Rikua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are using SX OS in sysNAND, I guess you can just put the Atmosphère's files into the microSD and launch the CFW injecting its payload.
Of course, you can't launch. xci files nor the .xci installed games
Yeah, I know, its what has been holding me back from switching. I personally love the XCI format and you can group it with updates and DLC in a single file instead of installing each piece individually. I also enjoyed USB options like installing and playing via usb. I can however, take my XCI's and install/convert them as NSPs, correct?

Rikua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be the situation if I were to not have fuses burned and still wanted to update? Or vice versa? What kind of trouble am I looking into? I'm assuming this a check that happens in Daybreak, but I just heard about it so I am not sure.

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
How do you launch SX OS? If you cannot turn on your Switch without the dongle, you have AutoRCM - and it prevents the burning of the Fuses.
You can upgrade without any issue, if the Fuses are burnt or not. If the Fuses are burnt you can't downgrade.
You can install AutoRCM with Hekate (I guess Daybreak set it up too during the upgrade process, ChoiDujourNX do it).

Also, you need SigPatches to launch the games. And you have to update them with Atmosphère

Last edited by EmanueleBGN,
Reactions: Rikua

Rikua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you launch SX OS? If you cannot turn on your Switch without the dongle, you have AutoRCM - and it prevents the burning of the Fuses.
You can upgrade without any issue, if the Fuses are burnt or not. If the Fuses are burnt you can't downgrade.
You can install AutoRCM with Hekate (I guess Daybreak set it up too during the upgrade process, ChoiDujourNX do it).

Also, you need SigPatches to launch the games. And you have to update them with Atmosphère
I currently have AutoRCM enabled and I use my PC to push payloads. Awesome! Thanks for all of the help, this pretty much covers everything. I'm assuming the current Atmosphere supports the latest FW?

Rikua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the doublepost, but I have run into an issue. I apparently am at 8.1 FW and not 8.2 FW. I was reading that Daybreak does not work on 8.1. Is this true?

EDIT: I'm assuming I have to go to 10.2.0 via ChoiDujourNX at this point?

EDIT2: I just updated via daybreak and it seemed t work according to my system settings. However, I am on Atmos 15 and I received my sigpatches from here: https://github.com/eXhumer/patches. I now see that it states that its for Atmospshere 14.4. Mine is 15.00 Is this why I am getting the "Unable to start Software. Press the HOME button to return to the menu and try again." error?

Last edited by Rikua,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the doublepost, but I have run into an issue. I apparently am at 8.1 FW and not 8.2 FW. I was reading that Daybreak does not work on 8.1. Is this true?

EDIT: I'm assuming I have to go to 10.2.0 via ChoiDujourNX at this point?

EDIT2: I just updated via daybreak and it seemed t work according to my system settings. However, I am on Atmos 15 and I received my sigpatches from here: https://github.com/eXhumer/patches. I now see that it states that its for Atmospshere 14.4. Mine is 15.00 Is this why I am getting the "Unable to start Software. Press the HOME button to return to the menu and try again." error?
The new patches are out by the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.